Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

when is the last time this coaching staff made adjustments in game that made a difference?  Seems we have one game plan and if it doesnt work there is no plan B  The defense to me looks the same every week  Dbs too far off the los  No exotic pressure  I cant remember the last time this defense overwhelmed a team up front  That passive approach might be why the defense hasnt scored a td in almost two full seasons

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

He doesn’t have any top “process” vets. Maybe Tre, Poyer, Hyde? But those other “process” vets he leaned on heavily like Kyle, Lawson, Hughes, etc. he inherited 

As we’ve  turned over the previous regimes talent on the defensive side of the ball it is not looking pretty. 

Milano can’t stay healthy.Edmunds is always behind the play. DL is very bad. CB2 has been an area of concern since Vontae Davis quit at half time in 2018. 

Yes, exactly, I was talking about Tre and Poyer getting back to back dumb penalties. 

I'm with McDermott, but just watching him get outcoached in games against the upper echelon of teams in this league is getting frustrating. At some point he has to get it together. The raiders found a weakness in the chiefs defense and exploited it, the Patriots found a weakness in the chiefs offense and exploited it. What did we do on either side of the ball that made you say, wow that's great coaching right there, I found none but I'm no football guru so idk.

• Like (+1) 1

"Heck of a win men!"  "Stay hungry now men,  stay hungry!' "That's heart men, HEART!"

Seriously he says the same thing everytime. I get more inspiration from 

Sean Astin doing Knute Rockne in Rudy. 

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The win against Dallas was pretty solid last year.

He's a middling sort of HC, though.

he is Marvin Lewis.   Good, not great.  will beat middle level teams and lose to great ones.  As the OP said, we might need better. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Lets chuck him away and go back to missing the playoffs for another couple decades. 

Making the playoffs is great when we haven’t done it in 17 years but the expectations of this team have changed. 

Nowhere close to saying he should be fired but he obviously needs to get things fixed because this is his team and he’s ultimately responsible.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Making the playoffs is great when we haven’t done it in 17 years but the expectations of this team have changed. 

Who ya gonna replace him with that’s gonna get us over the hump. Anyone who doesn’t have a job, doesn’t have one for a reason. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Something is off with this team. For some reason they are not playing with heart and togetherness. I dont know what happened during that extra time they had before the TITANS game but something is up besides the X's and O's 

Did the covid outbreak in Tennessee make guys second guess about wanting to play the season out, it's like they are just going through the motions out there the last two games. Even when Diggs scored the touchdown to take the lead no one came over fired up and even Diggs looked like he could care less.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You play who is in front of you. Put 2017 aside and focus on 2019. We were 8-3 late in the season. 

To a previous poster's point, he's been darn lucky playing easier schedules.  In fact, last year Buffalo managed to play the 3rd easiest schedule and outscored opponents by 55 points.  

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

He doesn’t have any top “process” vets. Maybe Tre, Poyer, Hyde? But those other “process” vets he leaned on heavily like Kyle, Lawson, Hughes, etc. he inherited 

As we’ve  turned over the previous regimes talent on the defensive side of the ball it is not looking pretty. 

Milano can’t stay healthy.Edmunds is always behind the play. DL is very bad. CB2 has been an area of concern since Vontae Davis quit at half time in 2018. 

I look to the guys the have been paid as the "process" vets.  Dawkins, Tre, Poyer, and Hyde among others.  The first 2 are homegrown and got major contract extensions.  Hyde is a veterans of 7 seasons and so is Poyer, who also just signed an extension.  Or, what about Morse, who received one of the largest contracts for a center in NFL history?  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Did the covid outbreak in Tennessee make guys second guess about wanting to play the season out, it's like they are just going through the motions out there the last two games. Even when Diggs scored the touchdown to take the lead no one came over fired up and even Diggs looked like he could care less.

I noticed this as well.

11 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I know it was weird that Tre White injury came out of the blue but more importantly he was NOT on the field with the rest of his teammates and canceled his scheduled interview that day. Its like all of sudden the team seem like it doesnt care for one another. I think from a team chemistry standpoint they should have paid Shaq or Jordan

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think so.  I think this team needs to work on the mental aspect and regroup.  People are acting like we just lost to the Jets and Falcons.  I think we as fans may have got ahead of ourselves.  Did they know Star and Gaines were gonna opt out.  They obvious felt they needed to improve on the DL and at CB.  Maybe it is time to call Lorax.  I see no disciplined leadership on the D.  Power was even an ***hat tonight.

16 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

The league jerked the entire team around and handed almost no discipline to a team that didn't take COVID seriously.  That game should have never been played.  The Titans started preparing for the Bills as soon as the Pitt game was rescheduled.  They practiced in secret.  The only team that carried any extra burden was the Bills.