Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

Just now, Peter said:

True . . . and it ended up being a mirage.

Then stop watching. There is no reason to blow things up now. Anyone who thinks so should go for a walk and cool off. It's stupid, reactionary thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsVet said:

I’m sorry you have low expectations and are afraid to think this team should be defeating good teams at home by year 4 of McD.

If you expect your team to never loose a game, then sport isn't for you -- maybe try video games where you can restart the game when you don't get the result you wanted.

This is a dramatically improved team that's 4-2 and leading the division by two games. We'll only know if this team has lived up to our expectations at the end of the season. 9-7 lifting the Lombardi trophy is always better than 14-2 losing in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Then stop watching. There is no reason to blow things up now. Anyone who thinks so should go for a walk and cool off. It's stupid, reactionary thinking. 

Oh brother.

I have decades invested in this team.  I am not going to stop watching . . . and I also will continue to be an independent thinker when it comes to the Bills and Sabres (and everything else).

P.S. Where did I say that we should blow things up in the middle of the season?!?!

Edited by Peter

Just now, Peter said:

Oh brother.

I have decades invested in this team.  I am not going to stop watching . . . and I also will continue to be an independent thinker when it comes to the Bills and Sabres (and everything else).

Cool, still doesn't change the fact that McD or Beane aren't and shouldn't be going anywhere unless we lose out the season. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Cool, still doesn't change the fact that McD or Beane aren't and shouldn't be going anywhere unless we lose out the season. 

Again, I never said that we should blow things up in the middle of the season.

I just have never been very impressed with McCoach since his arrival.  I hope I am wrong.

Just now, BuffaloBobs said:

If you expect your team to never loose a game, then sport isn't for you -- maybe try video games where you can restart the game when you don't get the result you wanted.

This is a dramatically improved team that's 4-2 and leading the division by two games. We'll only know if this team has lived up to our expectations at the end of the season. 9-7 lifting the Lombardi trophy is always better than 14-2 losing in the first round.

Welcome to the boards.  Some of us have seen this show before and good starts mean nothing.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Did you watch the Houston game? Defense ranking last year was an illusion.  They played terrible QBs most games and outside of Dak they lost to every decent QB.

They did pretty well against Watson for most of the game.  They also should’ve have had him sacked in Milano/Neal didn’t go for a knockout hit.  The team lost because Allen and the offense couldn’t generate any points after the half.

The point about QB’s isn’t accurate.  They played great against Lamar who was red hot at the time. Limited Baltimore to 24 points.  Hardly a shredding.  

Edited by JohnNord

I’ve always said I’m a big McD fan, with the exception of his conservative nature. I will admit I’m less thrilled this season because the defense has struggled. Coaches start to lose me when their alleged area of expertise isn’t performing well. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

They did pretty well against Watson.  The team lost because Allen and the offense couldn’t generate any points after the half 

You could have said you didn't watch the game. Defense choked a 16 point lead away with just over a quarter and a half to play. Offense scored a FG to force OT and defense choked in OT.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You could have said you didn't watch the game. Defense choked a 16 point lead away with just over a quarter and a half to play. Offense scored a FG to force OT and defense choked in OT.

Because a 16 point is a lock in the NFL in 2020?  

To pin the playoff list exclusively on the defense is just untrue.  Josh and the offense put up 3 points in the second half of the game.  Josh fumbled, executed some poor 3 and out drives, took sacks to knock them out of FG range, and worse yet Dawson Knox missed a block that would have put the Bills in position to win....AFTER the defense stopped Houston.  

2 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Way too often McD is out coached, it's very concerning.

The past 2 weeks, he was outcoached 

I get some of the takes here and will agree that McDermott does not have a signature win. It's certainly not good to see his top process vets getting dumb penalties if we're supposed to be reaching the apex of our "process" or whatever. He's not a very good interview either in my opinion, his post game tonight didn't fit the mood and never does when we get beat badly. Always a cheerleader, never pissed.

That said there's way too much Patriots love in here. They're not a good team right now, folks. They are a worse team than this Bills team. There are huge problems with this defense right now but this team is not losing twice to that garbage New England roster. 

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I get some of the takes here and will agree that McDermott does not have a signature win. It's certainly not good to see his top process vets getting dumb penalties if we're supposed to be reaching the apex of our "process" or whatever. He's not a very good interview either in my opinion, his post game tonight didn't fit the mood and never does when we get beat badly. Always a cheerleader, never pissed.

That said there's way too much Patriots love in here. They're not a good team right now, folks. They are a worse team than this Bills team. There are huge problems with this defense right now but this team is not losing twice to that garbage New England roster. 

He doesn’t have any top “process” vets. Maybe Tre, Poyer, Hyde? But those other “process” vets he leaned on heavily like Kyle, Lawson, Hughes, etc. he inherited 

As we’ve  turned over the previous regimes talent on the defensive side of the ball it is not looking pretty. 

Milano can’t stay healthy.Edmunds is always behind the play. DL is very bad. CB2 has been an area of concern since Vontae Davis quit at half time in 2018. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1