Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

Just now, Green Lightning said:

But you get to bottom 5 by being openly terrible, and that's what we are.

Yes we are struggling. As I pointed out in another post we got gashed last week using a completely different (and also defensible) game plan. It looks like we might need to overhaul some position groups. Hopefully the guys who are hurt start getting unhurt. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

We're 4-2 coming off a playoff appearance and up two games in the division and some people want to start from scratch. Unbelievable.

What’s unbelievable is losing a playoff game to Bill O’Brien up 16-0 with 21 minutes left in the game.  That was the last big primetime game McD was in.  

Entering this season McD was 3-17 against playoff teams or in the post-season.  He did nothing tonight to show he can be anything but unimaginative in game-planning and game management.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Love how our record doesn't really mean anything when we beat teams with combined records of 2-7 or whatever.

Lose 2 games to teams a combined 9-1......EVERYONE PANIC

I guess the problem is this year the bills aren’t compared to the middle of the pack.

They are supposed to compete with the best.

And they failed miserably twice.

• Like (+1) 2

McCoach has been very, very fortunate with both the schedule and relatively few injuries in prior years.

This year is a real test for him.  

We shall see how this year goes.  

Personally, I have had my reservations about him from the beginning.  The good news for him is that he has a GM who supports him and is not trying to undermine him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, McBean said:

You can't name me one signature win in 4 years.

He hasn't beaten the Pats, sucked on primetime, and only beat the Steelers because the QB was named "Duck."

The Tennessee Titans have adopted their coaches attitude: Tough, resilient, aggressive, and don't back down from ANYBODY.

Our Bills have adopted their HC attitude: Timid, soft, and conservative with no aggression.

Sean McDermott was supposed to be a defensive guru yet, his defense is the worst I've seen in years.

A couple of other things:

1. The fake snap count to draw opposing team Offside DOESN'T WORK. It's soft. It's conservative. It's stupid. We let them rest for 5 minutes to just completely blow up the next play then proceeded to punt. That cost us huge.

2. I want somebody to be responsible for using this much capital into the defensive side of the ball through draft picks and free agents yet, we still SUCK. It's not acceptable and somebody needs to take ownership.

Make no mistake, this team is soft and can't compete with the big boys. We choked twice on primetime and will be lucky to win the East. The Patriots will shred this team.

We as fans deserve to be pissed because we have suffered to damn long to support this crap.

Get stuffed you ungrateful bandwagon jumper 

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

What’s unbelievable is losing a playoff game to Bill O’Brien up 16-0 with 21 minutes left in the game.  That was the last big primetime game McD was in.  

Entering this season McD was 3-17 against playoff teams or in the post-season.  He did nothing tonight to show he can be anything but unimaginative in game-planning and game management.  

We didn't go to the playoffs for the better part of twenty years and are 4-2, two games up in the division, with losses to inarguably the best two teams in the AFC thus far this season. Shouldn't we at least wait to fall out of the division lead or the playoff hunt before getting the pitchforks out?

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

McCoach has been very, very fortunate with both the schedule and relatively few injuries in prior years.

This year is a real test for him.  

We shall see how this year goes.  

Personally, I have had my reservations about him from the beginning.  The good news for him is that he has a GM who supports him and is not trying to undermine him.

spot on

1 minute ago, BuffaloBobs said:

We didn't go to the playoffs for the better part of twenty years and are 4-2, two games up in the division, with losses to inarguably the best two teams in the AFC thus far this season. Shouldn't we at least wait to fall out of the division lead or the playoff hunt before getting the pitchforks out?

Ask yourself, did we go to the playoffs because:

(1) the team and head coach were that good; or

(2) was it because we had relatively easy schedules, relatively fewer injuries . . . and a one and a million fourth down 49-yard TD pass by Andy Dalton?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

I’m sorry you have low expectations and are afraid to think this team should be defeating good teams at home by year 4 of McD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Ask yourself, did we go to the playoffs because:

(1) the team and head coach were that good; or

(2) was it because we had relatively easy schedules, relatively fewer injuries . . . and a one and a million fourth down 49-yard TD pass by Andy Dalton?

You play who is in front of you. Put 2017 aside and focus on 2019. We were 8-3 late in the season.