Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

You can't name me one signature win in 4 years.

He hasn't beaten the Pats, sucked on primetime, and only beat the Steelers because the QB was named "Duck."

The Tennessee Titans have adopted their coaches attitude: Tough, resilient, aggressive, and don't back down from ANYBODY.

Our Bills have adopted their HC attitude: Timid, soft, and conservative with no aggression.

Sean McDermott was supposed to be a defensive guru yet, his defense is the worst I've seen in years.

A couple of other things:

1. The fake snap count to draw opposing team Offside DOESN'T WORK. It's soft. It's conservative. It's stupid. We let them rest for 5 minutes to just completely blow up the next play then proceeded to punt. That cost us huge.

2. I want somebody to be responsible for using this much capital into the defensive side of the ball through draft picks and free agents yet, we still SUCK. It's not acceptable and somebody needs to take ownership.

Make no mistake, this team is soft and can't compete with the big boys. We choked twice on primetime and will be lucky to win the East. The Patriots will shred this team.

We as fans deserve to be pissed because we have suffered to damn long to support this crap.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, McBean said:

He hasn't beaten the Pats, sucked on primetime, and only beat the Steelers because the QB was named "Duck."

The Tennessee Titans have adopted their coaches attitude: Tough, resilient, aggressive, and don't back down from ANYBODY.

Our Bills have adopted their HC attitude: Timid, soft, and conservative with no aggression.

Sean McDermott was supposed to be a defensive guru yet, his defense is the worst I've seen in years.

1. The fake snap count to draw opposing team Offside DOESN'T WORK. It's soft. It's conservative. It's stupid. We let them rest for 5 minutes to just completely blow up the next play then proceeded to punt. That cost us huge.

2. I want somebody to be responsible for using this much capital into the defensive side of the ball through draft picks and free agents yet, we still SUCK. It's not acceptable and somebody needs to take ownership.

Make no mistake, this team is soft and can't compete with the big boys. We choked twice on primetime and will be lucky to win the East. The Patriots will shred this team.

We as fans deserve to be pissed because we have suffered to damn long to support this crap.

He can only fake a rebuild. He can hit the road as far as the Bills positive future is concerned

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

The win against Dallas was pretty solid last year.

He's a middling sort of HC, though.

Dallas was terrible last season, that was NOT a convincing win at all. 

Watching Mike Vrabel coach last night ...wow

That’s what a Top tier HC looks like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Really? You have no idea what you’re talking about. What McD has done in such a short time boarders on miraculous. Accept that we’re not ready for prime time yet and that’s okay. It’s where we are right now. As long as Beane and McDermott keep building this team up, I am satisfied. Eventually we’ll be championship material. Because everybody jumped the gun and wanted us to be Super Bowl ready doesn’t mean we are.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Dude you used to love McDermott

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

Really? You have no idea what you’re talking about. What McD has done in such a short time boarders on miraculous. Accept that we’re not ready for prime time yet and that’s okay. It’s where we are right now. As long as Beane and McDermott keep building this team up, I am satisfied. Eventually we’ll be championship material. Because everybody jumped the gun and wanted us to be Super Bowl ready doesn’t mean we are.

yep, the first 10 year rebuild  ever. How exciting. 

Edited by Best Player Available
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McD has always seemed to me like a fantastic character man and leader, a great coach from Monday-Saturday, but generally a mediocre game day tactician.  An excellent talent developer and team and franchise builder, but not a guy who will scheme up the winning game script each week.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The win against Dallas was pretty solid last year.

He's a middling sort of HC, though.

Look at Dallas this year too, they have been one of the softest teams. Honestly the rams and raiders wins were probably their best wins, just not prime time games. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I’m not ready to burn McD at the stake just yet (don’t ask me about Frazier), but this just doesn’t hold water.

This is year 4. We’re losing games where we don’t show up (last week) and we’re losing games where we are beating ourselves (this week). It’s not good. We should be an upper echelon team, so far we’ve wilted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He is a "play-not-to-lose" coach who will only go as far as his defense and special teams will take him.  With a talent-depleted defense, he's pretty much helpless.  I fully expect two more losses to NE this year. 

• Like (+1) 3