Aikman and Buck are insufferable

pennstate10

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

Both are pompous. 

And were really biased. 

I for one one hope that Allen makes them eat their words on how he can't become a more accurate passer. 

Same with Bradshaw, a career 52% passer.

Aikman was harping on Josh Allen's inaccuracies coming out of college.  Said he's done well this year.  He didn't think you could fix accuracy.  Then Josh goes out and lays an egg for 3.5 Qtrs,,,,and totally confirms Aikman's analysis.  

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I can’t believe they criticized Allen for playing poorly in a game where he played poorly.

It was from the first throw. Mahomes made the same poor throws his first series and it was the weather or "pressure".

And I get it, Mahomes is better, has a super bowl, blah blah blah. I just want them to comment on the game, not reinforce preconceived notions about players. They need to take notes from Romo.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It was from the first throw. Mahomes made the same poor throws his first series and it was the weather or "pressure".

And I get it, Mahomes is better, has a super bowl, blah blah blah. I just want them to comment on the game, not reinforce preconceived notions about players. They need to take notes from Romo.

Allen was bad today from the very beginning. Aikman probably doesn’t care if he hurts the feelings of sensitive Bills fans by pointing out the obvious

They're just boring, both of them.  I think they studied the 'voice of authority' portion of Pat Summerall's approach, but forgot the entertaining, informative, and surprisingly kinda cool portions. 

Doesn't matter if it's a Bills game, they're just an energy drain on any game.  

Troy Aikman has had so many concussions, I’m surprised he is able to remember his own name....totally useless as an analyst.

Joe Buck got his job because his father was a great announcer....he, on the other hand, is as bad an announcer as there is.

6 hours ago, Jester said:

I was saying that all game. They were giddy fanboys when they talked about the Chiefs. 

Everyone knows the Chiefs are the new NFL darlings.  Mahomes is the new shiny Brady. If Josh and the Bills want to stop the "pretender" narrative then do something about it. Something more than beating a crappy Cowboys team on Thanksgiving.  This yearly midseason "doldrum ritual" is getting old.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

This duo has been terrible for years.  I can't stand Joe Buck.  He is second worst only to Mike Turico in big game announcers.  Aikman offers only the most basic of analysis.  I have no real issue what they said about the Bills tonight though. It was accurate.  Both of them ham it up for whoever is winning at the moment.  If Buffalo played a more competitive game and was leading they would have been more effusive with their praise.  They are fair weather announcers just going with the hot/winning team.