What a gutless gameplan vs the Chiefs

Simon

8 hours ago, XXI~PsychedelicBillsfan~ said:

let me reiterate, man. you said you wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. I added (in somewhat of an agreement), how does a team that wins only 7 or 8 games (unless it's the seattle seahawks) make the playoffs (I should of added) "anyway".

sorry to be confusing there, man.

this team can not hang with the big dogs yet. sure they will likely beat the jets, may split with the fins and unless McD can figure out how to beat a crippled pats team, BB still has his number.

jets-W

patriots-Lx 2

seattle-L

cardinals-?

chargers-L

49ers-?

steelers-L

broncos-L

fins-L

*cards/49ers could go either way?

3 (*maybe 5) more possible wins and 7 likely losses?

team is not ready to compete. boo on me. I will gladly serve up a large plate of crow "if" they can prove me wrong, man.

They sure aren't playing right now as good as they looked in the first four games.

But they're also not likely as bad as you've got them. I don't see seven likely losses there at all. Seattle, the 9ers if they're healthy, and the Steelers all look like very likely losses. The Jets should be a win. Assuming the Fins play well the rest of the way, the rest should be winnable, but at the same time very loseable. Could go either way.

There's no big dogs among the Pats, Cards, Chargers, Broncos and Fins.

I certainly agree that if we don't improve a lot, we won't be beating the big dogs unless we get nearly every single lucky bounce along the way.

Jeez, that was a depressing game.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

You're right!  The front seven with 4 F/A pick-ups is NOT fixable.  They just don't have the talent.

I was glad too see, though, that they gave Epenesa some run in the 2nd half , when nothing else was working.  He was in on a couple of those 4th Qtr plays where they actually stopped the ballcarrier.   Even saw Darryl Johnson.

So, if Harrison Phillips and Trent Murphy were singled out with benchings, might they be on their way out of town soon?  They can go somewhere else and prosper in a better scheme.

Speaking of prospering elsewhere, I watched the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game on Sunday and they were talking about the Browns missing Wyatt Teller who they said was playing at an All-Pro level.

10 hours ago, Simon said:

The Bills coaching staff is afraid of their own shadows.

They need to embrace the strengths and weaknesses of this roster and install schemes and call games accordingly.

This is not a grind it out and limit possessions kind of football team.

Attacking on both sides of the ball, even recklessly if necessary, plays to this team's strengths and tiptoeing around the field on both offense and defense plays to its weaknesses.

They're not going to win a super bowl with this Front 7, but this roster can play with anybody if you give just them the chance to do so.

Just unleash the galdanged hounds on both sides of the ball and see who can deal with it.

I don’t know... I think you are being pretty lenient on the players who did not really rise to the occasion.  

From a defensive standpoint the game plan made sense.  It’s exactly what Bill Belichick against the Bills in SB 25.  They were overmatched from a defensive standpoint especially against Mahomes and his receivers.  The choice to allow KC to run against Nickel or Dime to prevent the big play worked for the most part.  They were down by 1 possession in the 4th quarter.  

Of course the game didn’t go as planned on defense especially on 3rd down.   I feel they thought the Bills could defend the run a little better than they did.  Their line just got destroyed. 

Offensively, they were stifled by the KC defensive line who owned the Bills and made Allen uncomfortable enough for him to revert back to poor mechanics.  

There’s a lot of blame to pass around but blaming coaching is scapegoating

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bye bye Clappy McClap

Not happening 

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t know... I think you are being pretty lenient on the players who did not really rise to the occasion.  

From a defensive standpoint the game plan made sense.  It’s exactly what Bill Belichick against the Bills in SB 25.  They were overmatched from a defensive standpoint especially against Mahomes and his receivers.  The choice to allow KC to run against Nickel or Dime to prevent the big play worked for the most part.  They were down by 1 possession in the 4th quarter.  

Of course the game didn’t go as planned on defense especially on 3rd down.   I feel they thought the Bills could defend the run a little better than they did.  Their line just got destroyed. 

Offensively, they were stifled by the KC defensive line who owned the Bills and made Allen uncomfortable enough for him to revert back to poor mechanics.  

There’s a lot of blame to pass around but blaming coaching is scapegoating

Not happening 

The Bills did not ***** down the Chiefs passing offense, that is the huge difference.

The Chiefs passed the ball at will when they did throw. They chose not to throw, it wasn't because they couldn't.

• Thank you (+1) 1