What a gutless gameplan vs the Chiefs

Simon

On Allen: not a good game, but not his fault. Damn if he just would have hit one of those early deep balls. 

We'll be ok. Will be a playoff team, likely win division, but will be a pretender. Need a better D, a lot of the 2020 personal calls on D were bad. We need a reset. 

I still think we match up ok with Pats. Cam will throw picks. 

If we lose this Jests game ...oh boy.  

Flacco always kills us.

Just like last week we continue to huddle and follow the game plan later into the second half. Our run game stinks so we might as well a abandon it and speed up the tempo when behind.  3 and out is a 3 and out, those extra few seconds in the huddle ain’t doing anything for our D. How many minutes did they have the ball in the second half? Gotta be between 22 and 25 minutes. *****! Seemed like forever. The D can’t get off the field when they are rested so what’s the difference putting them on tired. 

2 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

The wheels have fallen off this franchise.  Going to take 2 drafts to fix the defense.  Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds are a bust, Tre White living on reputation-not in Gilmore's league.  Milano can't stay on the field.  Cody Ford a bust.  This is a 6 win team.

We need a sample size greater than losses to the best two teams in the NFL ( Chiefs Titans) 

Relax...

Edited by RichRiderBills

19 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Bills coaching staff is afraid of their own shadows.

They need to embrace the strengths and weaknesses of this roster and install schemes and call games accordingly.

This is not a grind it out and limit possessions kind of football team.

Attacking on both sides of the ball, even recklessly if necessary, plays to this team's strengths and tiptoeing around the field on both offense and defense plays to its weaknesses.

They're not going to win a super bowl with this Front 7, but this roster can play with anybody if you give just them the chance to do so.

Just unleash the galdanged hounds on both sides of the ball and see who can deal with it.

Punter was solid.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree with it being a poor conservative gameplan likely due to weather. However Andy Reid executed the same gameplan and racked up 466 yards.   In the early 90s the great teams could execute the heavy running game gameplan also even though they were a spread pass team.  This team just does not have the talent on the Lines to win the ropeadope with a team a good as KC. 

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Let's see. We successfully took the ball out of the hands of the best player in the league daring them to run (and they did, and it sucked).

Yeah, and kept the strength of our team off the field most of the night.

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

When our QB came out playing like crap, we adjusted and started using a bunch of runs and read options which got us back in the game. We just got outclassed, that's it. Our front 6 aren't good enough.

That's just nonsense all over.

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

Punter was solid.

He's a mudder!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

The wheels have fallen off this franchise.  Going to take 2 drafts to fix the defense.  Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds are a bust, Tre White living on reputation-not in Gilmore's league.  Milano can't stay on the field.  Cody Ford a bust.  This is a 6 win team.

Overreact much?

Oh and welcome to the board as we don't have many like your type. Can't wait for future posts.

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d be surprised if we make the playoffs. The patriots are going to run all over us and the schedule is very difficult. Making the playoffs will not be easy

how does a team that only wins 7 or 8 games make the playoffs, man?

call it over reacting all you want, but watching this team play the last two games, one should not expect them to reach the post season.

real hard game to watch, man.

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

They need to embrace the strengths and weaknesses of this roster and install schemes and call games accordingly.

Attacking on both sides of the ball, even recklessly if necessary, plays to this team's strengths and tiptoeing around the field on both offense and defense plays to its weaknesses.

They're not going to win a super bowl with this Front 7, but this roster can play with anybody if you give just them the chance to do so.

Just unleash the galdanged hounds on both sides of the ball and see who can deal with it.

People are wondering what "happened" to Josh Allen?  What happened was a pussified playcalling effort which saw 27 pass plays called all game.  They never let JA get into a rhythm, and it showed.

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

We definitely need to blitz of defense as the front four cant rush the passer nor stop the run. Not sure what we can do about our running game ,our Oline is suspect and we Dont have a blocking back.

I trust McDermott will find and answer but we just dont have the talent this year , which is sad now that we finally have a passing game.

Just now, XXI~PsychedelicBillsfan~ said:

how does a team that only wins 7 or 8 games make the playoffs, man?

call it over reacting all you want, but watching this team play the last two games, one should not expect them to reach the post season.

real hard game to watch, man.

I’m not even sure what you are saying to me. I just said I wouldn’t be surprised if we miss the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think Josh got beat by Mahomes phycologically.  Bringing up the "who can throw the furthest".  Mahomes made short high percentage plays.  Allen tried to hit homers in very wet conditions.  Why try to Chuck it down field.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Same here...it took me a long time to become a believer in him because I was such a big skeptic...the last 2 games are causing me to lose the faith that I had built in him...

He's definitely taken a step back the past two weeks, but he's improved every year so far.  He was definitely fooled by the looks he's seen these past two games, but he's too smart, tough and talented not to figure it out.  I still believe in him long-term, but it appears there are still going to be some growing pains throughout this season.