What a gutless gameplan vs the Chiefs

Simon

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m pretty sure Frazier, in his genius, watched the Raiders gameplan, and decided to do the exact opposite.  

My favorite was the concept of never using a spy on Mahomes.  That worked out wonderful.  

They used a spy on mahomes on the play He almost threw a pick to norman. The moronic announcer buck said a series later that they never spied him. #97 did it at least a couple times.

7 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

On Allen: not a good game, but not his fault. Damn if he just would have hit one of those early deep balls. 

We'll be ok. Will be a playoff team, likely win division, but will be a pretender. Need a better D, a lot of the 2020 personal calls on D were bad. We need a reset. 

I still think we match up ok with Pats. Cam will throw picks. 

If we lose this Jests game ...oh boy.  

Flacco always kills us.

Missing an easy td on the first possession was his fault.

Edited by dave mcbride

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Bills coaching staff is afraid of their own shadows.

They need to embrace the strengths and weaknesses of this roster and install schemes and call games accordingly.

This is not a grind it out and limit possessions kind of football team.

Attacking on both sides of the ball, even recklessly if necessary, plays to this team's strengths and tiptoeing around the field on both offense and defense plays to its weaknesses.

They're not going to win a super bowl with this Front 7, but this roster can play with anybody if you give just them the chance to do so.

Just unleash the galdanged hounds on both sides of the ball and see who can deal with it.

I would have accepted rushing 5-6 guys in the last drive on two key 3rd downs and yet we watch Frazier coach conservative rushing 4 guys

• Like (+1) 1

If you can find the right mindset, the posts after a loss are the BEST EVER! 

Beat the Jets (hopefully), and go into the Cheater’s game 5-2 having lost only to the two teams in last year’s AFC Championship game. How HORRIBLE is that? 

We have time to figure it out and get better. We have plenty of things to fix. I hope we manage to do exactly that. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, and kept the strength of our team off the field most of the night.

It wasn't our strength tonight. McD kept the game close and we actually had a chance near the end if we'd have just stopped one of those 3rd and longs.

Would you have preferred putting our guys on an island again? I liked that we protected our corners vs. Mahomes. It's too bad that we get no rush and can't tackle.  

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

We are still in the driver's seat for the division.  The Pats look pretty horrid.  I watched their game yesterday and they are nothing to fear.  Not to see they won't kick the snot out of us head-to-head, but they are going to bank a lot of losses this year regardless.  Crazy as it sounds, the Dolphins are back in play for the division and look like the best of the bunch at the moment. 

Frazier/McD are coaching as if we have an elite front four.  We don't.  We need to bring pressure like the Chiefs did the entire first half.  It's got to be frustrating for the defense, since the coaching is doing them no favors.

Our front four ***** sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you can find the right mindset, the posts after a loss are the BEST EVER! 

Beat the Jets (hopefully), and go into the Cheater’s game 5-2 having lost only to the two teams in last year’s AFC Championship game. How HORRIBLE is that? 

We have time to figure it out and get better. We have plenty of things to fix. I hope we manage to do exactly that. 

Not horrible. Just indicates we are on track for 1 & done like last year. People's hopes were higher. 

Tre White got his money and called it a year

CB  give up 7 yard cushions & Linebackers line up 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage.

The DLine is small and soft.

The OLine is weak.

The Defense of scheme is old and garbage no aggression.

10-6 first round playoff exit again.

28 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Let’s be honest. This team is going nowhere past the wild card round again. 

I say they will

They are still a 10 and 6 team.....but we now have the offense to get to at least one game past that

How far they will go will really be determined by if they can get the D fixed

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

It wasn't our strength tonight. McD kept the game close and we actually had a chance near the end if we'd have just stopped one of those 3rd and longs.

Would you have preferred putting our guys on an island again? I liked that we protected our corners vs. Mahomes. It's too bad that we get no rush and can't tackle.  

It can never be your strength when they're standing on the sideline all day.

Yea, I would rather roll the dice and attack opposing offenses even if it means weakening the integrity of your secondary at times. If they hit some big plays on us, so be it. We have an offense that can get points back in a hurry.

But putting pressure on people also leads to mistakes and turnovers and I think it's a better alternative than sitting back and bleeding out while your offense watches from the sidelines.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I won’t, that shows nothing of progress going forward from this year. AFC East champs for a year means nothing if the other 3 teams get better

I get the frustration after these two games but this team is ascending.  Josh had a rough game but take a deep breath and look at what he has for this year.    I think people we’re getting out of control after 4 weeks with “going for the one seed” and whatnot.  Winning the division is the first step to the ultimate goal.  If it’s in a down year for the pats so be it.  The Seahawks won the division with. 7-9 record won a playoff game and the next year won the sb.  This team is ascending.  

the titans and chiefs are 2 of the best in the nfl.  We are not there yet?   Fine something to work for.  

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Not horrible. Just indicates we are on track for 1 & done like last year. People's hopes were higher. 

Our Bills, and LIFE, are a work in progress. I’m not taking tonight too hard. I’m disappointed, but I’ll survive. Fix what’s broken and do more of what you do best. We lost to the World Champs. Most teams do. 

Beat the teams we are supposed to beat (that’s almost everyone), and steal some of the close ones. That’s a step in the right direction if we can make it happen. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not even sure what you are saying to me. I just said I wouldn’t be surprised if we miss the playoffs.

let me reiterate, man. you said you wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. I added (in somewhat of an agreement), how does a team that wins only 7 or 8 games (unless it's the seattle seahawks) make the playoffs (I should of added) "anyway".

sorry to be confusing there, man.

this team can not hang with the big dogs yet. sure they will likely beat the jets, may split with the fins and unless McD can figure out how to beat a crippled pats team, BB still has his number.

jets-W

patriots-Lx 2

seattle-L

cardinals-?

chargers-L

49ers-?

steelers-L

broncos-L

fins-L

*cards/49ers could go either way?

3 (*maybe 5) more possible wins and 7 likely losses?

team is not ready to compete. boo on me. I will gladly serve up a large plate of crow "if" they can prove me wrong, man.