Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The completely dominated us from start to finish. Holding them to 27 is hardly a moral victory. Josh/Daboll look lost these last 2 games. 

Second game in a row where the offense looked out of synch from start to finish.  I'm not remotely qualified to diagnose what the problem is, but it needs to get sorted out.

I get that we lost two two teams that are a combined 9-1, but Ten and KC have been playing shaky defense all season.  This is more about us than them.  

I thought the defensive game plan was alright. If they didn’t get run over for 250 yards could have potentially stole one there. On the other side we struggled running the ball which forces team to rely on Allen to bail them out on 3rd and long constantly which we couldn’t do.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

I know everyone's pissed right now, and yes the defense (and offense) looked pretty pathetic tonight, but part of me wonders how much this re arrangement of the schedule threw off the bills MOJO. If they play this bad vs the jets then I'll start getting really worried 

schedule rearrangement is a poor excuse for a championship caliber team—which this team is not.  Tenn had a much bigger disruption and won 2 straight.  Beating the Jets proves nothing, IMHO.  

3 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

LOL Bradshaw stops the conversation to let everyone know he named a horse after Patrick Mahomes.  

What an a$$

Then the other guy goes, referring to Patrick Mahomes -  "Because of that guy!"   Well no schitt - it wasn't after his niece.   Idiot

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Yup. If you're gonna play bend but don't break. and intentionally give up the run, then you better get points when you have the rock. 

I mean Mahomes is the best QB alive. If you give him opportunities, he'll kill you with the big play, so I don't neccesarily mind the game plan on D. It actually worked to a certain degree. Afterall the Bills were THIS close to having the ball, down 6, in Chiefs territtory, with just about 5 left. 

Bend but don’t break never works.  Eventually you break.  

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Garbage lazy take

It's an overreach of a take, but it's not completely invalid at this point... I'm one of the bigger optimists around here, but there's definitely room for wondering at what point we will go from being okay to being a second tier team, to willing to beat first tier teams. We've not done it to date. 

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Lost a lot of swagger losing lawson. He set the edge and was top notch vs the run. We have nobody on this dline that has any dog in them and are completely soft. Not time to panic yet but its getting close

Ed had a good game, he got his knee brace off this week and is coming on. Addison js a good player too

Just now, RyanC883 said:

schedule rearrangement is a poor excuse for a championship caliber team—which this team is not.  Tenn had a much bigger disruption and won 2 straight.  Beating the Jets proves nothing, IMHO.  

True, it doesnt prove anything, but if the jets put up 20 something points on the bills defense, I think they're in serious trouble 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Remember last year when there would be a thread after every game asking why we paid Star Lotulelei and how he should be cut because he never put up "stats?" I give you this game as an example. Could have used a run stuffer today.

Everyone thinks they're a bad ass until it's time to pay up. 

Chiefs try to run on a real defense with a d-line and they are going to get punched in the mouth.

Frazier has not figured out how to force a 3 and out enough... I still think we drop into too many passive zone looks. That would make sense if we had a d-line that could get to a QB and bring him down with 4-men, but we don't. The net effect is every QB on 3rd down is able to scramble around, buy time and complete passes or run for the 1st.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The offense punted twice in the third quarter. Even a field goal on one of those possession keeps the game within one score. 

So if we get points every time they punt we win(which is like 2-3x/game).  Got it.  You just unlocked the code on how all crappy teams can be good

Edited by daz28
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, appoo said:

Yup. If you're gonna play bend but don't break. and intentionally give up the run, then you better get points when you have the rock. 

I mean Mahomes is the best QB alive. If you give him opportunities, he'll kill you with the big play, so I don't neccesarily mind the game plan on D. It actually worked to a certain degree. Afterall the Bills were THIS close to having the ball, down 6, in Chiefs territtory, with just about 5 left. 

The gameplan was very Pats like in a sense. They wanted to limit the possessions and basically keep it to a one possession game the whole way and take your chances that you make the plays late. The defense gave up 26 points. The offense punted twice in the third quarter and Bass missed a field goal late in the first half. That's all she wrote. Bass making that kick and Josh scoring at least 3 on one of those possessions makes things much different. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

It proves we're likely best team in AFC East.