Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

I know everyone's pissed right now, and yes the defense (and offense) looked pretty pathetic tonight, but part of me wonders how much this re arrangement of the schedule threw off the bills MOJO. If they play this bad vs the jets then I'll start getting really worried 

We had zero gameplan.  None.

I could tell in the 1st half watching Norman - we gave KC an extreme amount of respect.  Norman kept giving these 15-20 yard cushions, like we were so worried about Mahomes. The whole game was like that. The whole strategy.

Play smashmouth football.  At the end, we were penetrating on D, and creating losses.  We needed to be like that the whole game.

I was big on McD.  Now, I am not.  You cannot play or coach scared.

Just now, appoo said:

Bills only had the ball 4 times in the 2nd half. 

1st ended with a Cole Beasley drop. 2nd ended with Moss getting stone walled on 3rd and 1, 3rd was the TD, 4th was the INT at the end of the game. That's really not on Allen. When they gave him the opportunity to sling it in the 2nd, he showed well. 

Josh was off in the 1st half granted the defense did him few favors. Also he had a few misses from his WRs. I'd call it a team loss but blame the D more.

Top 3 worst game I’ve ever seen Allen play.  

Defense.  There’s no words.  They are what they are... a bottom five defense.  I still maintain that we have better players than our terribleness infers, but I don’t know anymore.  

Cant really change the players, so I’ll settle for changing the coach... Frazier can be fired yesterday.  His schemes are vanilla and trash.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WatfordBills said:

This was really ugly. I still cannot fully wrap my head around how our defence went from very good to horrific in less than a season. I half think if those first few passes in the game connected for Allen, this would've been a different game. 

To me, this is sort of a reversal of last year. Last year, our offence stunk in games and our defence had to bail us out. This year, our defence stinks and our offence has to bail them out. I feel this year will be a repeat of last year, with the exception that we'll win the AFC East by virtue of the Pats, Fish and Jets being trash

I worry that a lot of the defensive guys got paid and maybe they don't have that heart. Hughes, Addision, Tre, Poyer and several other defenders either got new contracts or extensions. I hope they get Zimmer more snaps he was one of the bright spots. 

Losing to a top team is one thing, so long as you look good.  The Bills didn't.  So many times they were out of position, missed tackles, missed blocks, and the Chiefs were good for 5-10 yds a run almost every attempt.  That hurts.  As bad as things were, the Bills were in this one most of the way.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

The punts in the third quarter really killed the Bills chances. Even 3 points on one of those possessions keeps the Bills in the game more. 

Yup. If you're gonna play bend but don't break. and intentionally give up the run, then you better get points when you have the rock. 

I mean Mahomes is the best QB alive. If you give him opportunities, he'll kill you with the big play, so I don't neccesarily mind the game plan on D. It actually worked to a certain degree. Afterall the Bills were THIS close to having the ball, down 6, in Chiefs territtory, with just about 5 left. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

0-2 against the two best teams in the AFC ( who was in the championship last year ?) ,4-0 against the rest of the NFL with the jets coming up. Obviously a lot of things to work on but the jets cardinals patriots don't exactly scare me, hopefully the bills figure out the rest after the bye. 

Cardinals might feast on this defense a bit.

Just now, Success said:

We had zero gameplan.  None.

I could tell in the 1st half watching Norman - we gave KC an extreme amount of respect.  Norman kept giving these 15-20 yard cushions, like we were so worried about Mahomes. The whole game was like that. The whole strategy.

Play smashmouth football.  At the end, we were penetrating on D, and creating losses.  We needed to be like that the whole game.

I was big on McD.  Now, I am not.  You cannot play or coach scared.

We dared KC to beat us running and they did, plain and simple.