Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

5 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The Bills’ Running Game has simply been substandard... virtually All Season. It doesn’t give Allen a breather!

The D was TERRIBLE! It literally got run over, again. Do you know why Reid allowed Mahomes so many running attempts? Because, he found out early, that the D was UNABLE to STOP IT! He’s not a HOF HC for nada! Take Poyer on that 31 yard gash early... puuulease!

He literally whiffed about 10 yards out... by a yard! It was comical. What did they average... 8 yards a carry? What do you think upcoming teams with a decent running game are gonna do?

And, when you finally have... on 3rd. & 10,12... 14... how about making a stop and getting off the field?

THAT is the weak link and it has been badly exposed the last two games.

The Bills are definitely going to have to fix the lines on both sides of the ball when the draft/FA come around. I still think the Bills will find a way to win 10 games but they are a notch below the AFC's elite.....KC, Pit, Bal, Ten

• Like (+1) 1

Weather conditions should have dictated our game plan. That was not the type of game looking for deep shots and throwing all over the field. Kc was more than happy to run all day and night over us. We barely ever attempt to run and when we do we suck at it. I don’t know what  the answer it..our coaches need to figure this out. 

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Weather conditions should have dictated our game plan. That was not the type of game looking for deep shots and throwing all over the field. Kc was more than happy to run all day and night over us. We barely ever attempt to run and when we do we suck at it. I don’t know what  the answer it..our coaches need to figure this out. 

The answer is in the draft. They need to improve the lines. Lack of running game, lack of pass rush. If it wasn't for Allen's ability to escape the pocket and avoid the rush then the OL would look worse than it does. Beane need to focus on improving the lines in the draft on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately this doesn't help them for the rest of this season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I said before the season when we made predictions we would take the East, and go 10-6 to 11-5.  Look at the rest of the schedule and it’s very plausible and as Ross Tucker said on WGR, he thought this should happen and most likely win one of the playoff games, but not ready for the SB yet.

I agree this is about where we are as a team, but it is also depending on injuries, who, and when they happen.  There is a growing group of posters who all sound very similar who have an agenda to bash the Bills just to tick off others who are Bills fans.  I don’t care as those people I just don’t read their posts.  

Disappointing night, but it’s not like everyone was so confident we were going to win.  We hoped the Bills would win, but I wasn’t counting on it.  That’s silly.  These are the SB champs.  The Raiders were built to beat KC, and so are the Titans.  They pound the ball right at you, and have a powerful defensive line on both teams.

I still contend we will get this worked out and very likely we win the next two.  Seattle is the next huge test for us.  Their defense may not be playing well, but their offense looks unstoppable.

Im fine with 4-2 after playing 1 bad team, 3 good teams and 2 elite teams.  

I think people are justified in worrying that the defense will sabotage the season.  It’s been six weeks and they’ve given no reason to expect that this gets fixed.  The DL is just sinking that side of the ball. 

On Offense, Allen was an MVP for 4 games, played ok in 1 game, and had an awful game last night.   I’m not super alarmed by the offense yet, but I let myself believe that Tennessee was his floor, and didn’t think he still had games like last night in him.  Sadly, he does.   

Outside of Allen just playing better - We need Brown to get healthy, or someone else to step up in his absence.  So far, Diggs is Diggs, the running game is pretty meh, and Beasley/Davis aren’t stepping up.. they’re just less effective with no Brown. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What happened to Brown last night? He was basically taken out of the game. Same with basically Davis and Kroft. The only guys that seemed to be targeted were diggs and Beasley. 

He seems to have a knack for getting punched in the facemask and drawing free 5 yarders.... I could deal with some more of that.

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What happened to Brown last night? He was basically taken out of the game. Same with basically Davis and Kroft. The only guys that seemed to be targeted were diggs and Beasley. 

I think Davis and Brown were having some trouble slipping and making their cuts.  McDermott may have been told the field was hunky-dunky after the fill but it may still a problem. Fundamentally, they're playing zone zone and more zone, and Diggs and Beasley are the two that can find the holes in the zone.  That should be a part of the game where the TE can contribute, but where in the world is Tyler Kroft?  We saw him targeted twice.  When the all 22 comes out, I'm going on a Beluga Whale hunt.

Brown was targeted.  PI, some "shoulda been PI" and  some off-target balls.  4 targets, 0 receptions.  Brown has strugged against very physical play from what I've seen and is not 100%.

I'll wait for the snap counts but I don't think we were running much 1-0 or 0-1 sets.  I think Davis wasn't out there too much, but when he was, he couldn't get open enough I think.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ngbills said:

Klein was awful. When they watch this tape he is sitting with Murphy and Harrison. 

I actually saw some good hard hitting plays from Klein.

That's not to say there might not have been jaw droppingly bad plays I didn't see

It's like the Zimmer and Cox love - they had some good plays, but a close-up look also reveals gobs of missed tackles and some outright getting shoved off the line.

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tonight we saw rookie Josh. No confidence or accuracy early. And as usual in big games it seems like he gets wound way too tight. Maybe he was all jacked playing Mahomes and all his challenges to Josh. As I said in another post Josh is not as good as we saw weeks 1-4 and he's not as bad as these last 2 weeks. We just need more consistency out of him. This is year 3 when excuses are over.

Well said. 

9 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Josh needs to play better against the bigger and better opponents, no doubt. He has failed miserably in this aspect throughout his young career. Elite QBs don’t go 14-27 for 122 

Hard to argue with that statement.

• Like (+1) 1

What bothers me most about this game, I think, is that we still had a chance to get a stop and get the ball back  down 6 and two of our top players - including one team captain - took an unnecessary roughness penalty. Poyer's was absolutely inexcusable. Where is the leadership? They need to get it together.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big C said:

What bothers me most about this game, I think, is that we still had a chance to get a stop and get the ball back  down 6 and two of our top players - including one team captain - took an unnecessary roughness penalty. Poyer's was absolutely inexcusable. Where is the leadership? They need to get it together.

That last KC drive was really disappointing. Despite being run on all night the D had a chance to make a big stop. It would have been exciting to see the offense with the ball and a chance for a GW drive.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Very true. Honestly, we had no business winning that game. It would have been highway robbery if we won. I just wanted a chance to see if we could have won. The ability for our defense not to stop them in the end was heartbreaking. 

On 10/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, Justin C said:

That was all during the summer and since then the Sabres signed Taylor Hall in free agency. 

Also explain the 4-0 start when this wasn't bothering them and now all of the sudden they lose two and this is why the morale is down when that story came out back in what, July or August? Stop digging the hole deeper for yourself.

Lol I’ve literally stated I don’t know what is going on. But something is in the air. It started with the defense. Spain said which y’all knew the real reason. Wtf that suppose to mean? Could the defense issue being we have no star to plug the center, Zo for his leadership, & and Jordan Phillips for his energy. All 3 of those pieces are crucial losing all 3 will take time replace. But something got Josh Allen and this offense ***** up too.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:47 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Tonight we saw rookie Josh. No confidence or accuracy early. And as usual in big games it seems like he gets wound way too tight. Maybe he was all jacked playing Mahomes and all his challenges to Josh. As I said in another post Josh is not as good as we saw weeks 1-4 and he's not as bad as these last 2 weeks. We just need more consistency out of him. This is year 3 when excuses are over.

I pray to God the powers that run this team agree with you about excused being over after this year.