Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Solid post. I disagree with your assessment of Allen in these last two games. He looked every bit of a young rookie QB. Tonight, the first play of the game was clear evidence of this. Pass after pass was inaccurate with poor footwork. The numbers don't lie either. They were horrendous. Without looking it up he was like 6-15 with 25 yards passing. The end result was 14-27 122 2 tds 1 int..To boot he throws an int finishing the game. My eyeball test saw a carbon copy of the raw QB we drafted. I don't know how anyone can't be worried about Allen. Hate to be a Debbie downer. I just think it's best for this forum to hear all opinions. What I dislike is people often get upset if you say something bad about the team. I'm a diehard fan and very much support the team. 

Josh needs to play better against the bigger and better opponents, no doubt. He has failed miserably in this aspect throughout his young career. Elite QBs don’t go 14-27 for 122 

If the Bills cut Trent Murphy six weeks in do they get 10/16s of his base salary back against the cap?   Or once you're on a team week 1 your base salary is guaranteed?  

If he's going to be a healthy scratch anyway the Bills need that $$ for next year.  

I'm not letting the last 2 games change my high expectations for the Buffalo Bills this season.  I think we can all agree KC has a great football team. A great football team that got beat recently by the Raiders.  I seriously doubt their high expectations changed. Titans are just continuing on from where the left off last season smash mouthing there way through the league. 

2 of the hardest games on the revolving schedule.  Well you might play the Titans on Monday, If not KC might be a go on Thursday. On second thought you play the Titans on Tuesday ( maybe)  Good grief...

Allen needed this kind of adversity now and the Buffalo Bills needed this now because in the playoffs its win or go home. 10 games remaining in the regular season leaves plenty of time to make improvements in the process IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

I believe the last two games have exposed the lack of depth in our defense.

1.  Need CB depth.  Norman either needs to get his legs under him, or he’s washed up.  Don’t really have anyone else.

2.  We miss Star Lotulelei.  His ability to run stuff let others do their thing.  Oliver and Murphy are certainly suffering without a true run stuffer.  

3.  We miss a healthy Milano.

Having the ability to stop the run helps all aspects of the defense.  Free’s up others to do their jobs instead of focusing on both the run and pass.

As far as the offense, our o-line is killing Josh.  Maybe it’s the schemes called, not sure.  Had a few jail breaks yesterday on important downs.  Josh has certainly been out of his rhythm the last few games.

Edited by davefan66
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I believe the last two games have exposed the lack of depth in our defense.

1.  Need CB depth.  Norman either needs to get his legs under him, or he’s washed up.  Don’t really have anyone else.

2.  We miss Star Lotulelei.  His ability to run stuff let others do their thing.  Oliver and Murphy are certainly suffering without a true run stuffer.  

3.  We miss a healthy Milano.

Having the ability to stop the run helps all aspects of the defense.  Free’s up others to do their jobs instead of focusing on both the run and pass.

As far as the offense, our o-line is killing Josh.  Maybe it’s the schemes called, not sure.  Had a few jail breaks yesterday on important downs.  Josh has certainly been out of his rhythm the last few games.

Awww man do we miss a healthy Milano...

Avoiding this place on gameday is the best decision I've ever made. Can only imagine what a shitshow the GDT was just by some of the ridiculous takes in this thread.

The whole team had a bad night for the second week in a row on oddball schedules against the two best teams in the conference.

And the second loss was by 9 points to the Chiefs, a game where they had a shot late into the fourth.

That's it.

That's the only takeaway from these two games, and if you can't see it, might I suggest taking up darts?

Oh, by the way, VERY good chance we'll be 6-2 and 4-0 in division in two weeks. But please, go ahead and caterwaul. It's fantastic entertainment for those of us with functioning brain matter.

P.S. Ed Oliver is INCREDIBLY overrated on this board. He's small, weak, and overmatched by average guards in the league.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Avoiding this place on gameday is the best decision I've ever made. Can only imagine what a shitshow the GDT was just by some of the ridiculous takes in this thread.

The whole team had a bad night for the second week in a row on oddball schedules against the two best teams in the conference.

And the second loss was by 9 points to the Chiefs, a game where they had a shot late into the fourth.

That's it.

That's the only takeaway from these two games, and if you can't see it, might I suggest taking up darts?

Oh, by the way, VERY good chance we'll be 6-2 and 4-0 in division in two weeks. But please, go ahead and caterwaul. It's fantastic entertainment for those of us with functioning precortexes.

P.S. Ed Oliver is INCREDIBLY overrated on this board. He's small, weak, and overmatched by average guards in the league.

Nobody is overrating oliver. Everyone is saying he sucks.

Him and edmunds both. 

6-2 is possible but so is 4-4 and thats the scariest thing of all.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Nobody is overrating oliver. Everyone is saying he sucks.

Him and edmunds both. 

6-2 is possible but so is 4-4 and thats the scariest thing of all.

Bruh. This team isn't losing to the Jets.

Come on man. 

And my point on Oliver is that I knew this would be the outcome on draft day, and was likely the only person here who did.

Is it dunking? Yes, yes it is.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

I said before the season when we made predictions we would take the East, and go 10-6 to 11-5.  Look at the rest of the schedule and it’s very plausible and as Ross Tucker said on WGR, he thought this should happen and most likely win one of the playoff games, but not ready for the SB yet.

I agree this is about where we are as a team, but it is also depending on injuries, who, and when they happen.  There is a growing group of posters who all sound very similar who have an agenda to bash the Bills just to tick off others who are Bills fans.  I don’t care as those people I just don’t read their posts.  

Disappointing night, but it’s not like everyone was so confident we were going to win.  We hoped the Bills would win, but I wasn’t counting on it.  That’s silly.  These are the SB champs.  The Raiders were built to beat KC, and so are the Titans.  They pound the ball right at you, and have a powerful defensive line on both teams.

I still contend we will get this worked out and very likely we win the next two.  Seattle is the next huge test for us.  Their defense may not be playing well, but their offense looks unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Time to sign Snacks of the Seahawks ps

Efforts along these lines are definitely required. I’d love to learn Kim and/or Terry bust through Beane’s office while he’s talking with Sean and demanding action. Scour Practice Squads, bring in the best FA’s available for a ‘look see’, get on the phone with Draft picks and/player combos for trades and get some help in here NOW! 

A very promising season is slipping through our fingers with an incapable Defense.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Efforts along these lines are definitely required. I’d love to learn Kim and/or Terry bust through Beane’s office while he’s talking with Sean and demanding action. Scour Practice Squads, bring in the best FA’s available for a ‘look see’, get on the phone with Draft picks and/player combos for trades and get some help in here NOW! 

A very promising season is slipping through our fingers with an incapable Defense.

Whoa. I agree we need DT help, but we've got a couple weeks coming up to get right.

Nobody panic. It's not like we're the Browns that got clubbed. 

Allen passing game was terrible. Maybe due to rain?

I liked Zimmer. If he forced fumble  1/2 sec earlier we could have a short game winning drive.  I hope he'll be in field next week. Last week I liked Yeldon especially his TD catch. But they suited Moss over him. I understand. Moss is draft pick and they must groom him. But right now Yeldon is better.

• Like (+1) 1

People wonder why I always say wait and see. Until you actually accomplish something over a long period of time then it doesn't mean anything. The Bills are pretenders. They have been pushed around by the 2 top teams in the AFC. They're soft. The QB is improving but not good enough to carry a team. 

Still not over but I don't see how they fix their softness upfront. Look at the schedule, we're going to get run over. 

Have to put the blame on the offense for this one. While the defense gave up what seemed like 25,000 yards rushing they still held the Chiefs to 26 points. It was your bend but don't break type of performance. You really can't ask to defense to do any better than giving up 26 points to that team. I just wish the defense could have made a stop at the end and given the ball back to the offense at 23-17. Would have to fun to see if Josh had another 4th quarter comeback in him.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Have to put the blame on the offense for this one. While the defense gave up what seemed like 25,000 yards rushing they still held the Chiefs to 26 points. It was your bend but don't break type of performance. You really can't ask to defense to do any better than giving up 26 points to that team. I just wish the defense could have made a stop at the end and given the ball back to the offense at 23-17. Would have to fun to see if Josh had another 4th quarter comeback in him.

The penalties on that last chiefs drive really pissed me off.

11 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I thought the defensive game plan was alright. If they didn’t get run over for 250 yards could have potentially stole one there. On the other side we struggled running the ball which forces team to rely on Allen to bail them out on 3rd and long constantly which we couldn’t do.

The Bills’ Running Game has simply been substandard... virtually All Season. It doesn’t give Allen a breather!

The D was TERRIBLE! It literally got run over, again. Do you know why Reid allowed Mahomes so many running attempts? Because, he found out early, that the D was UNABLE to STOP IT! He’s not a HOF HC for nada! Take Poyer on that 31 yard gash early... puuulease!

He literally whiffed about 10 yards out... by a yard! It was comical. What did they average... 8 yards a carry? What do you think upcoming teams with a decent running game are gonna do?

And, when you finally have... on 3rd. & 10,12... 14... how about making a stop and getting off the field?

THAT is the weak link and it has been badly exposed the last two games.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1