Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

13 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Nothing personal here, but I never got this perspective from anyone, national media, average Joe, etc:

Why is is that if they played bad or below expectation, something is off? Or a locker room issue? 

Maybe they just got their ass beat, or our schemed or out played? Sometime it is as simple as that. This is not a Bill O-Brien or Adam Gase led team. They aren't at eachothers throats.They were just handed the L, and to me, thats all it was. 

On to the next one!

I honestly think it has to do with the Pegulas more then anything. Read a good while ago about their money troubles. Then they cut the sabres and a bunch of people said it was hemorrhaging money. In the article awhile ago it said the Pegulas were using the profit from the Bills to pay for the sabres and their Fracking business wasn’t cutting it. They had just bought a custom yacht and wouldn’t change the life they were accustom to and had a whole meeting with the Bills staff how the life she’s accustom to was more important then anything and it had the entire upper management in the Bills with a low morale so who knows WTF is going on

Just now, ScottLaw said:

They need Spain back. Winters is atrocious. 

And they need Feliciano back to.

There's nothing that will magically make our RB's more dangerous other then get those two big guards back.  And even then neither RB appears to be a dominating player.  Where we might be able to improve on O is if Knox can finally step it up.  Knox is the only TE on this roster with the potential to dominate a game if teams decide to play a shell defensive concept against the Bills.  He needs to get healthy and they need to game plan around him.

Besides the talent issues at RBI’s, TE and D front 7, I’m getting that sinking feeling that McD is the kind of coach who can change a culture and improve a bad team to a point, but once there he is just overmatched. Like he’s reached his level and that’s all youre gonna get. The Beleceks and Andy Reid’s of the world just toy with him. I hope he can summon something in these guys and make the adjustments needed with the talent here to compete these next 10 games. We’ve got 3 NFC West teams, New England twice, Pittsburgh on the schedule. Gonna have trouble beating the Dolphins at home playing like this. I have my doubts he can do it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I honestly think it has to do with the Pegulas more then anything. Read a good while ago about their money troubles. Then they cut the sabres and a bunch of people said it was hemorrhaging money. In the article awhile ago it said the Pegulas were using the profit from the Bills to pay for the sabres and their Fracking business wasn’t cutting it. They had just bought a custom yacht and wouldn’t change the life they were accustom to and had a whole meeting with the Bills staff how the life she’s accustom to was more important then anything and it had the entire upper management in the Bills with a low morale so who knows WTF is going on

That was all during the summer and since then the Sabres signed Taylor Hall in free agency. 

Also explain the 4-0 start when this wasn't bothering them and now all of the sudden they lose two and this is why the morale is down when that story came out back in what, July or August? Stop digging the hole deeper for yourself.

And then reality set in. Let’s face it, we are a few players away from being able to run with the big dogs. Expectations have been reset. Given what we’ve seen from this defense to date, I no longer think we have what it takes to win the division and we will be hard pressed to win a wild card spot as well. Unfortunately, the problems on defense aren’t fixable schematically because scheme doesn’t matter when you can’t avoid getting your ass handed to you on a play to play basis.

If good Josh doesn’t show up, we have no chance on offense, either. 

Josh played like crap and was inaccurate most of the night. 

Our RBs are slow and struggle to find running lanes.

Our defense would’ve let me run for over 100 if I was in the game.

If anything, the last few weeks have forced us to pump the breaks on handing Allen the MVP award and planning time off for the SB parade. 

Wow....you guys are really taking this loss bad.

The Bills aren't a juggernaut of a team...but you guys are good!  you lost to a KC team, that brought damn near the entire roster back from a super bowl winner.  You might have not have noticed, but you lost to a good football team, and you were in it to the end.

The weather certainly played a part in this game as well.  

there are at least 25 NFL teams that would trade their QB for Josh Allen right now.....you have your QB....he isn't perfect (who is?...did you see Aaron Rodgers this week?)  

This game helps tell you that you aren't quite there just yet...that's ok..you've been heading in the right direction for 3 years now.  

Edited by Zerovoltz
grammar
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

The Bills aren't a juggernaut of a team...but you guys are good!  you lost to a KC team, that brought damn near the entire roster back from a super bowl winner.  You have not have noticed, but you lost to a good football team, and you were in it to the end.

there are at least 25 NFL teams that would trade their QB for Josh Allen right now.....you have your QB....he isn't perfect (who is?...did you see Aaron Rodgers this week?)  

This game helps tell you that you aren't quite there just yet...that's ok..you've been heading in the right direction for 3 years now.  

Not everyone.  

It is a gut check time for the team.  They have t bounce back with a Jets/Patriots wins.

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The Bills aren't a juggernaut of a team...but you guys are good!  you lost to a KC team, that brought damn near the entire roster back from a super bowl winner.  You might have not have noticed, but you lost to a good football team, and you were in it to the end.

Good Game. Everyone is on tilt because we’ve seen this before. Losing to the jets will be confirmation.

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

shush now we live in darkness.

The Darkness In My Heart. I been reading a bit of Joel Osteen… | by Michael  Patanella | Today's Story | Medium

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Most Bills fans are snakebitten and pessimistic all the time. It's in our blood. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not saying the defense played well. But no one is beating the Chiefs with defense. I thought our defensive game plan was exactly right. You do NOT blitz Mahomes. I am shocked to see some people on here saying we didn't blitz enough. You rush 4 and give up run yardage. Keep them away from big plays and out of the endzone and your offense just has to put up points, it's that simple. Derek Carr throwing to Zay Jones and Nelson Aghalor and a rookie WR was able to do it. Allen and this offense has to be able to do it. I've already accepted the defense is going to be average at best this year. The offense has the talent to pick them up. Choke job tonight.

I agree on not blitzing, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn’t be able to stop the run.  The D has been abysmal all year.  And I agree, the offense was terrible. Allen has failed twice in back to back big games.  Franchise WB’s don't do that, IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Time to sign Snacks of the Seahawks ps

he is on a Ps???   inexcusable not to sign him.  

9 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Thank goodness we get the J-E-T-S next week, we need a "get right" game bad! 

I thought that also, but I don’t see how beating a glorified college team helps you get right.  false confidence perhaps.  

12 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Most Bills fans are snakebitten and pessimistic all the time. It's in our blood. 

we haven’t had a great team in a long time, it’s warranted.  

20 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Sound advice to Bills fans. I’m just slightly disappointed that Daboll came out with one of his trademark irrational game plans, the D is still terrible, and Allen looked bad. If our D looked good or Mahomes beat Allen in a shootout, I’d feel much better. There were a few troubling signs that point to us being more of a pretender than a contender. After week four I saw this team as possible contenders.