Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Processes are inheritinly predictable.

Way too beholden to the play scripts just like last year. The lack of, or fear of, deviating from the script costs the team games.

It works great when you play against subpar coaching talent like Gase and fellow script loving coaches like McVay.

Andy Reid? BB?  Not a chance. Those guys know you are coming and from what direction.

This team will need to change up the strategy often to beat the good teams this year. 

Good assessment.  The D plays zone that relies on pass rush.  The pass rush isn't there.  Do you fold the table and go home?  No.  Run some DB blitzes until they become predictable?  No. You run multiple D, and keep them guessing.  Now that the D sucks the offense will get picked apart, because it too is VERY PREDICTABLE.  Try mixing in a run game when your behind?  Wrong again.  I laid this out last week, and no one got it.  Hopefully it has gotten clearer after this week. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Clowney is an end that can help stop the run. 

Yes he can, but I'm saying you don't know what to fix until you fix the DT.  

Spain and Feliciano are our guards. We need both back.

The attitude and size is missing.

The D is missing leadership. Lorax was an emotional leader. Shaq was a smack talker who made plays. Phillips I personally miss the most.

A 350 lb DT who "only" pass rushes and piles up sacks. Lol

Yeah, that's awful! I wish someone on our current D could do that. 

So now we have a 280 lb mini DT who is invisible. 

Defense needs size and attitude.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I love Diggs, I think he likes it here. But that walking back to the line even in garbage time was crap. Got to rebound and put up a big angry win against the Jets.

This is going to be Diggs so folks should get used to it. I have seen this type of player before and they all were fantastic players who could ball better than most, but they want to win so badly they have almost a bi-polar reaction to losing.

He wears his emotions on his sleeve and just is not going to go through the motions of acting professional about losing. I don't know if I ever want him to be OK with losing, but the maturity of how to handle games where he is schemed out of the offense will come over time. I think if teams took him away and we managed to win using other guys Diggs would still be ok with that, but losing on top of not having a lot of action is not a good recipe for him.

We have gone up against two teams that absolutely smothered the mid-to-deep routes and did not fear our running game enough to come out of that defense. Like the Titan's, KC showed men in the box or in press on early downs then dropped everyone back to a soft shell zone. It has been a recipe that has taken Diggs out of much of the games, add to that the crappy conditions for passing today and you have a very frustrated receiver.

He will snap back, but I don't think he is the kind of guy you hang out with after a loss. It is up to Daboll to figure out how to feed him the ball more and get the right personnel on the offensive line who can run block worth a crap.

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I hope Mongo can come back and bring some nasty play back to the oline. The lack of a push in the ground game is disturbing. But the pass rush is a huge concern. They might need to trade for a big pass rusher. I would call up Minny and see if they would take a 2nd for Yannick

Get Mango and Spainer back in asap.  If McD wants to play musical OL then he can sub in this formation when he's down late.  He's playing hockey coach with the OL, and he's doing it wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Hes ***** lame.

Yes.

I wish for once he'd call out a guy, position group, himself, etc. People praise him for being so even keeled and composed, but that wins you no awards. Part of the strength in being able to maintain a stoic persona is knowing when to break it. This team lacks fire, charisma, mojo, whatever you want to call it.

That is no coincidence. 

4 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

The worst part about giving up 6,7, or 8 ypc to the rb was the feeling that kc was just content to play that game and could have just as easily destroyed us through the air at any point had they become dissatisfied with the perfect game script for the given weather conditions/opponent.

That's what I said.  They chose to choke us out slowly, because it felt better.  

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ha - and where exactly would the moral victory be in this game  - they didn't run for 500 yards?

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Spain and Feliciano are our guards. We need both back.

The attitude and size is missing.

The D is missing leadership. Lorax was an emotional leader. Shaq was a smack talker who made plays. Phillips I personally miss the most.

A 350 lb DT who "only" pass rushes and piles up sacks. Lol

Yeah, that's awful! I wish someone on our current D could do that. 

So now we have a 280 lb mini DT who is invisible. 

Defense needs size and attitude.

I seriously hope all our mouths are so full of Starr crow we can barely type.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, daz28 said:

They both do, and so does the GM for having no real DT's

Hard to get that late stop when you give the 15 yds free TWICE

Those were some uncharacteristically dumb penalties for White and Hyde. Shows a level of frustration from our leaders in the secondary having to come up all game long and try to mop up for the front guys getting torched on every run. But they chose a really bad time to double-down on the dumb. That is when we needed a stop, not free 1st downs with 15 yards tacked on.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Spain and Feliciano are awesome.

I get Feliciano is hurt but Spain is an enormous, angry man.... Why is he not starting?

We're actually lucky he's hurt, cuz the D is so bad we're lucky the pass pro is great

Just now, daz28 said:

I seriously hope all our mouths are so full of Starr crow we can barely type.  

Few here understood his role in this defense - unless they watched the All-22 or other sources that broke down plays.

He has been missed.

• Like (+1) 1