Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

Just now, billieve420 said:

You can argue it either way I am just saying I think the players deserve more of the blame.

They both do, and so does the GM for having no real DT's

Just now, billsfan89 said:

They took what we gave them but couldn't get that turnover or that third down stop late to give the offense the chance to win late. 

Hard to get that late stop when you give the 15 yds free TWICE

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

They gave up 470 yards of offense and let the Chiefs dominate the ball. How can your offense win a shootout with the Chiefs when they never get the ball?

We both had 9 drives. And their defense is not any better than ours. Allen did settle down in the 4th but it's too late. We can't expect to beat the best offenses in the league with 3 quarters of bad QB play. I'm clinging to the hope that his injury is affecting him worse than we know... his regression the past two weeks defies reason.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's great he takes the onus on him, but the worst part of his statement is that it's absolutely true.

This year Allen pretty much determines the outcome of our games.  In years past when we had a strong running game and/or strong D, mediocre to poor QB play could be overcome by the team for a W.  Not this year.

That's both exciting and terrifying.  Part of the reason it's terrifying is because the offensive game plan going into these games doesn't seem to really acknowledge that.  We too often have runs for little or no yardage on 1st and/or 2nd down only to get behind the sticks.

Oh yeah... and TOO MANY DROPS!!!

Just now, The Jokeman said:

You know Clowney has 7 tackles and zero sacks this year? Oh and this https://www.google.com/amp/s/12thmanrising.com/2020/10/17/seahawks-better-without-jadeveon-clowney/amp/

Just like the score of this game. What is on paper does not tell the whole story. Clowney is a disruptive force. We have no one like that on this team. Watch Clowney play and tell me how many times he is getting manhandled and pushed 5 yards downfield. 

Processes are inheritinly predictable.

Way too beholden to the play scripts just like last year. The lack of, or fear of, deviating from the script costs the team games.

It works great when you play against subpar coaching talent like Gase and fellow script loving coaches like McVay.

Andy Reid? BB?  Not a chance. Those guys know you are coming and from what direction.

This team will need to change up the strategy often to beat the good teams this year. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The offensive line is as big a problem as the pass rush. If also love to know what KC was doing that meet it impossible to pass? Just the rain?

I hope Mongo can come back and bring some nasty play back to the oline. The lack of a push in the ground game is disturbing. But the pass rush is a huge concern. They might need to trade for a big pass rusher. I would call up Minny and see if they would take a 2nd for Yannick

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes it was, but they turned it around. If we right the ship too, then it will be crisis averted. Until then...we are in a crisis.

It's not ideal that being a prolific passing offense is our identity, but it SHOULD be that until we get other ducks in order.  If the D sucks, we have to gamble on plays, and hope we get lucky. 

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

We've been beaten up by literally #1 and #2 in the NFL. I know we thought we were there, but we are still good and have a lot going. We need to get on track vs the Jets, and show some toughness. 

There are several teams that are ahead of the Bills now besides KC and Tennessee.