Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As he should - he was terrible.

I think we might also be missing several plays from the first half where Josh managed to make some tough plays that if some of his supporting cast also made tough plays would of made things look a bit different. It was a tough first half adjusting to the rain and quiet possibly the second week in a row an opposing defense has been zeroed in on our gameplan as the game starts.

Just now, vincec said:

They gave up 470 yards of offense and let the Chiefs dominate the ball. How can your offense win a shootout with the Chiefs when they never get the ball?

And yet it was a one possession game late. Bottomline is the gameplan in theory worked but if you don't have a good DL to put the pressure on third and long you are going to lose against even an OK QB let alone Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, vincec said:

They gave up 470 yards of offense and let the Chiefs dominate the ball. How can your offense win a shootout with the Chiefs when they never get the ball?

It's called playing scared, and playing not to lose.  We had to go toe to toe with them.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think this will make him better he is going to have some rough games. Need to get the running game going which will take some pressure off him. Hopefully, Feliciano can help with that and if Ford is out getting Spain back in there.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

And yet it was a one possession game late. Bottomline is the gameplan in theory worked but if you don't have a good DL to put the pressure on third and long you are going to lose against even an OK QB let alone Mahomes. 

We didn't choose to be choked out slowly.  That's how they chose to kill us

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I think we might also be missing several plays from the first half where Josh managed to make some tough plays that if some of his supporting cast also made tough plays would of made things look a bit different. It was a tough first half adjusting to the rain and quiet possibly the second week in a row an opposing defense has been zeroed in on our gameplan as the game starts.

The Brown throw and the bomb to Diggs were money.  Both dropped.  Diggs eventually caught the TD on that drive though.  

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Here is what is even more scary:

We have $45M in cap space dedicated to Addison, Murphy, Hughes, Butler, Jefferson. Honestly they all could be replaced...

No long term commitments though

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, this is the point in our schedule where I thought we would be dropping some games; I felt we had too much defensive turnover and were going to miss those guys. The early injuries to Milano and Edmunds only sealed those thoughts.

But I admit that the fast start sucked me in. The problems with the defense were still there, but I was less concerned because our offense was able to score quickly and often to mask those defensive issues because we could force teams to be more one dimensional and give up on the run. Now defenses have figured out how to frustrate Daboll's schemes and Allen was not sharp and may be playing injured as well so the fast starts on offense have not been there.

Either way we are fortunate not to have been blown out as both sides of the ball have been exposed badly. Our D where it is weakest against the run and on 3rd down tendencies, ergo we cannot get off the field, and our offenses inability to run-block and Allen's performance against that shell zone coverage that takes away that mid-to-deep area that Allen is most comfortable working.

I saw some guys on the defense and offense step up to play in the 4th, but it was a bit too little too late to really turn around a game where they gave up about 250 yards on the ground and cover for the offensive misfires. The consistency of complimentary football is not there yet ( a misfire to Beasley, a complete botch of blocking on a 3rd and 1 for Moss, and on the flip side two drive stop failures when our punting team had pinned KC back into their own zone yet the defense allowed them to march down the field to get 2 scores - FG and TD).

Not the end, but McD is going to have his hands full as he and this team are at a tipping point. Either they figure some things out, or you are going to have a multi-game slide on your hands with some volatile players in the mix. This is usually a disciplined team and most telling sign is when defensive leaders in the secondary show their frustration with the front line guys by tossing KC players into the benches late - you normally don't see that from White or Hyde.

It is a bad sign when offensive or defensive units start to fracture a bit and the fingers begin to point, but the Jets are a temporary cure. If they get beat by that team then McD has lost the room and needs to find a way to get it back.

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Here is what is even more scary:

We have $45M in cap space dedicated to Addison, Murphy, Hughes, Butler, Jefferson. Honestly they all could be replaced...

Murphy and Butler contracts are off the books next season. Hughes isn't what he used to be. Addison is our best pass rusher. Jefferson a solid depth guy.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said that last week. 

Two weeks in a row he gets beat by zone coverage.  He did not consistently take what was given underneath.  He missed easy throws to Singletary, Diggs, and Beasley - all on 3rd down and all drive killers.  

Teams are forcing him to be patient and accurate and he is not getting it done.  He had no running game to help him either.  He is the best running threat we have.   

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The Bills DID give up 250 yds.  They DID give up all the 3rd downs.  Tweeting that you had a crappy game plan that didn't work at all is just ridiculous.  

You can argue it either way I am just saying I think the players deserve more of the blame.