Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

KC led 13-10 and here are its next three possesions:

82 yard drive for TD eating 8 minutes of clock

75 yard drive for FG eating 5 minutes of clock

75 yard drive for FG eating 5 minutes of clock

So 3 drives going basically the entire field and eating 18 minutes of clock. That is not a good defense. Sorry. 

you misread me.  I never said the D was good, just the opposite!  

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

I actually didn't hate the pass rush tonight. effing Mahomes. We actually moved him around pretty good. He just made plays, damn it. 

He was 21 of 26 and he wasn’t even the biggest factor.  Their OL kicked our DL all over the field, and they were playing back ups too.  

• Like (+1) 1

I must admit... I’m getting tired of watching this defense get pushed all over the field.  They play small. They lack leadership and a desire to actually play hard. 

Maybe Spain’s good  run blocking and bad pass blocking is better than what we got now.  I don’t know, but the Oline can’t run block for crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, delirious said:

I want to see the smashmouth run game as well. Wish we still had fierce pissed off players like incognito. Our guards are terrible and aren't getting any push off the line. 

Same thing with our DTs in my opinion. I want some hog mollies on the lines. Seems like our guards and DTs are too small. 

I hope Mongo coming back helps the nasty streak of the O-line. I don't think the O-line was the real issue. I think it was mostly on Josh. I think he just made some key mistakes. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

So you watch and see if theyre better in the first half, and confirm it in the 2nd.  Gotcha

Bills were an almost fumble, and missed OPI on 3rd and 12 away from having the ball to take the lead. That's the definition of "it worked". The execution wasn't quite there.  There were actually a few plays. Like that crazy Mahomes run to make to 4th and 1, when they would have had the FG instead. 

But thats football. They had more playmakers than the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

appreciate that perspective, and we did need to do better on O.  but you need to stop the run and pass.   the D was the problem, it let KC drive down the field to make it a 2 score game.  The O was also subpar, but the D has been a season long issue.  

No one cares about run defense anymore. If Allen and the offense played at the level they did the first 4 weeks we would have magically stopped the run by halftime. Mahomes didn't play spectacular, he just made enough good throws to keep the offense on the field. If Allen did the same we would have won. He choked. I hate to say it but it's true.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Mahomes saw it to .  This is the right game plan against. He's got a relay team out there. Make them run, and when they do - tip your hat and get some points when you have the ball. 

Its the right game plan, need better execution. Even when protecting against the deep ball allowing 8 yards a carry is bad

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Him and Jefferson were getting blasted off the ball regularly. He made some plays when we sold out down late, but the rest of the game they were both just getting rolled

Speaking of Jefferson, who said that he can play DE or DT? He is WAY undersized and getting smoked constantly at DT.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Not sure what you mean but the gameplan basically knew KC was going to put up points and the best way to maybe limit them was to force them to run and get them to stall in the redzone and maybe get a turnover or two. Then on offense have long scoring drives to limit Mahomes chances to score. This was a one possession game late into the 4th. The offense just wasn't able to keep pace.

We haven't limited anyone this year.  You're not going to outscore the Chiefs with long methodical drives.  The one drive we played them like we should have we scored.  The D never adjusted and played scared whole game

Just now, appoo said:

Bills were an almost fumble, and missed OPI on 3rd and 12 away from having the ball to take the lead. That's the definition of "it worked". The execution wasn't quite there.  There were actually a few plays. Like that crazy Mahomes run to make to 4th and 1, when they would have had the FG instead. 

But thats football. They had more playmakers than the Bills. 

The offense just wasn't able to keep pace. You knew you were going to get limited touches and you punted twice in the third quarter and still it was a one possession game late.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I hope Mongo coming back helps the nasty streak of the O-line. I don't think the O-line was the real issue. I think it was mostly on Josh. I think he just made some key mistakes. 

I'm hoping so too. And agree with this was mostly on Josh. I was mostly focusing on the run game. Seems like our big uglies aren't that big compared to other teams'. KC had some really big boys in there on both sides of the ball

And this was game 2 that the Offense failed to disguise the issues on Defense. 

the Defense is a major Liability this year. And need to step up because there will be games down the line Allen and the Offense will not just be able to cover for you. MAKE A FREAKING PLAY. 

• Like (+1) 1