Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

That really does just right to the heart of why the Bills run D struggled. 

You're facing the best football player around, the best QB in multiple generations, you gotta account for that and try to contain/take him away. 

Just now, vincec said:

I guess you didn't see Zimmer getting steamrolled on the interior running plays.

I also saw Zimmer makings some productive plays and playing hard. Not saying he should start but he should get some rotational snaps out there. I think the defense needs some energy. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Game Plan was to limit the number of possession and hope the offense was good enough to score consistently on long drives. It worked somewhat in the first half when the team was one 52 yard field goal away from being tied. But in the second half Josh led the offense to two punts. That was the game. 

So you watch and see if theyre better in the first half, and confirm it in the 2nd.  Gotcha

26 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

KC went into this game averaging 30 points a game, the defense gave up 26. I honestly put this loss on the offense. Just 7 points in the second half is not going to cut it. The defense despite all the yardage given up put this team in a position to win. It was the offense that couldn't score. 

No its about time the #3 defense from last year is expected to win a game when the offense is having issues.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

appreciate that perspective, and we did need to do better on O.  but you need to stop the run and pass.   the D was the problem, it let KC drive down the field to make it a 2 score game.  The O was also subpar, but the D has been a season long issue.  

KC led 13-10 and here are its next three possesions:

82 yard drive for TD eating 8 minutes of clock

75 yard drive for FG eating 5 minutes of clock

75 yard drive for FG eating 5 minutes of clock

So 3 drives going basically the entire field and eating 18 minutes of clock. That is not a good defense. Sorry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, stuvian said:

We are way too quick to panic. You millenials didn't live through the decade of fail. We held the Sb champs and the best Qb to within 9

The decade of fail Bills would have folded up their tent by half time 

come on man. that game was not close at all. The chiefs dominated us after the 1st quarter. 

Look at the yardage difference. We played scared and toothless tonight just like we did last week. Yes the titans are chiefs are two great teams but its the performance that matters not the results. We look like another mediocre 7-8 win team this year. 

The Dolphins are going to win the East at this rate.

This team brings NOTHING to the table, especially against quality opponents.

Being outgained almost 3-1 at one point during the game is totally INEXCUSABLE.

This team continues to fall flat against upper level competition.

This was supposed to be the year they would be able to get over the hump, but this team is dead man walking.

Back to reality and back to questioning almost everything about this team.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I also saw Zimmer makings some productive plays and playing hard. Not saying he should start but he should get some rotational snaps out there. I think the defense needs some energy. 

Justin Zimmer is a practice squad level player. If he's your best run defending DT then that's really all you need to know about the DTs

You might think we hold KC to 26 and we can win.  Instead we played another miserable 3Q and we fall way behind.  

McD and his staff have been terrible at halftime adjustments.  Andy Reid didn’t even do anything different.  They did the same things only better.  

KC won in the trenches.  They have more talent and they have the best player in the league in Mahommes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

We are way too quick to panic. You millenials didn't live through the decade of fail. We held the Sb champs and the best Qb to within 9

The decade of fail Bills would have folded up their tent by half time 

2 more games is mid-season.  We have total garbage for D, and a piss poor running game.  Why panic?

we have 2 attempts to get 1 yard and couldn't do it. 

that's where the game ended. whole team put together a poor performance tonight. 

If we don't blow out the jets next week there are serious concerns 

Edited by Penfield45

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Him and Jefferson were getting blasted off the ball regularly. He made some plays when we sold out down late, but the rest of the game they were both just getting rolled

5 minutes ago, stuvian said:

We held the SB champs to under 30 so imo our Defense did their job 

I don't like the fact that our OL was exposed as a bunch of stiffs

We have no smashmouth run game. We have smurfs who can catch and are quick but can't move the pile 

I want to see the smashmouth run game as well. Wish we still had fierce pissed off players like incognito. Our guards are terrible and aren't getting any push off the line. 

Same thing with our DTs in my opinion. I want some hog mollies on the lines. Seems like our guards and DTs are too small. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

So you watch and see if theyre better in the first half, and confirm it in the 2nd.  Gotcha

Not sure what you mean but the gameplan basically knew KC was going to put up points and the best way to maybe limit them was to force them to run and get them to stall in the redzone and maybe get a turnover or two. Then on offense have long scoring drives to limit Mahomes chances to score. This was a one possession game late into the 4th. The offense just wasn't able to keep pace.

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

That really does just right to the heart of why the Bills run D struggled. 

You're facing the best football player around, the best QB in multiple generations, you gotta account for that and try to contain/take him away. 

Is he trying to claim a victory on the game plan, or admitting that the Chief's was far better?