Week 6 Postgame Thread KC at Bills

We held the SB champs to under 30 so imo our Defense did their job 

I don't like the fact that our OL was exposed as a bunch of stiffs

We have no smashmouth run game. We have smurfs who can catch and are quick but can't move the pile 

I know a lot of us thought this isn’t the same Bills team that went 4-0 and then sucked. I know I did. But the only thing that made us even think that was the play of Josh Allen. Our defense as talented as it is. Has not won us a game yet. Maybe the raiders game but they were a problem before they were the solution in that one as well. And Josh Allen has forgotten how to throw the ball. I don’t know what’s going on. Could it be the shoulder? But he looked smooth, in control, decisive, and confident in the first 4 games. The coaching staff was also confident in him. Now he is not those same things. He is a mess. And the coaching staff clearly isn’t confident in him either. So is this the same old Bills? Or will we turn it around? Because we look really bad right now

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Sadly no comments about our inept O-line and running game.  If we can't get past their front four running the ball, teams are just gonna sit in zone all game.

I think the fact that the defense gave up 250 yards rushing at 6 yards a carry and 470 yards totally overshadowed the fact that the Bills still can't run the ball and are terrible at run blocking. 

3 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

McDermott  has to take it over.  There is two different defenses on the Bills when McDermott calls the plays they are more aggressive they line 7 guys on the line of scrimmage drop linemen into coverage they are costly hitting the QB.  Frazier does not know what he is doing anymore it is cover 2 that's it.

I think there are much bigger problems on defense than coaching.  DL nowhere near good enough, LBs are stumbling around without Milano and secondary has regressed badly - some due to no pass rush...

1 minute ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

We need McDermott's defense not Frazier's

Honestly they should fire Frazier and cut someone on the D-line (I would say Butler), sign another run stuffing DT and play Zimmer more. This defense needs to have some more fire under them. I feel they have gotten a bit soft with a lot of players getting paid. Firing the DC and cutting a player can send a message to the team that you are still playing for your jobs. 

Just now, appoo said:

I actually didn't hate the pass rush tonight. effing Mahomes. We actually moved him around pretty good. He just made plays, damn it. 

You could say that about last week too, but we left the outside scramble wide open then.  Today we decided to leave the middle open and got gashed

KC knew before the game and was even more pleasantly surprised that they could beat us running the ball. Easy day at the office for them. Mahomes and the WR basically had a bye week. Meanwhile our D looks like it needs a nap and long vacation. Our O is back to looking more like a gadget broken play offense of prior years than what we saw week 2-4. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This won't be popular but defense was fine in this game... run defense doesn't matter. If you stop the Chiefs from hitting big plays you're playing well against them. The best defense against the run is a good passing offense and today we didn't have it. Allen is moving in the wrong direction. That's why we lost.

appreciate that perspective, and we did need to do better on O.  but you need to stop the run and pass.   the D was the problem, it let KC drive down the field to make it a 2 score game.  The O was also subpar, but the D has been a season long issue.  

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I think there are much bigger problems on defense than coaching.  DL nowhere near good enough, LBs are stumbling around without Milano and secondary has regressed badly - some due to no pass rush...

Milano coming back should help the LB play. I think they should also fire Frazier and cut Butler and sign Snack Harrison or another big stuffing DT (Also play Zimmer more dude played hard out there.) Those things should improve the defense. But the pass rush might be a harder fix. If I were Beane I am calling Minny and offering a 2nd round pick for Yannick and then cutting Murphy. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know everyone's pissed right now, and yes the defense (and offense) looked pretty pathetic tonight, but part of me wonders how much this re arrangement of the schedule threw off the bills MOJO. If they play this bad vs the jets then I'll start getting really worried 

A good team wouldnt get thrown off balance like that, not this badly.  But I agree, its not gloom and doom unless we play like that against a bad team.  TN and KC are elite.  

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Honestly they should fire Frazier and cut someone on the D-line (I would say Butler), sign another run stuffing DT and play Zimmer more. This defense needs to have some more fire under them. I feel they have gotten a bit soft with a lot of players getting paid. Firing the DC and cutting a player can send a message to the team that you are still playing for your jobs. 

I guess you didn't see Zimmer getting steamrolled on the interior running plays.

1 minute ago, Floydboy12 said:

Game plan seemed to be to not get blown out. That is almost as demoralizing as actually getting blown out. 

Game Plan was to limit the number of possession and hope the offense was good enough to score consistently on long drives. It worked somewhat in the first half when the team was one 52 yard field goal away from being tied. But in the second half Josh led the offense to two punts. That was the game.