Trent Murphy and Harrison Phillips benched for Chiefs game

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not accurate Ethan, and wasn’t directed to you at all.  He was either interchangeable, to expendable, to not worth it, or avg. at best.  Read the history, and no I won’t reply as you have you’re opinion.  I respect, but respectfully disagree.  Spotrac state he has a $13 mil./yr. value and if we extended him now would include this years cheap 5th round draft pick value bringing him down to $10.7 mil./yr. which is what people did on the math with Dawkins.  They made the argument his $15 mil./yr. was only 12.6 mil. Given the cheap year this year.  

We are now seeing what it’s like without him and he was a lot more valuable than was expounded upon for the last 8 months.  Believe what you want my fellow Bills friend, but these guys, meaning Star and him are more valuable than people have stated in the past.  Agree to disagree I guess.  

Go Bills tonight!

I'm just contradicting the statement that posters said he sucks. Interchangeable or replaceable is a long way from he sucks. Otherwise we generally agree.

For the record and with all options on the table I would move Edmunds outside let Milano walk and use those dollars to find a new MLB. If the intent is to keep Edmunds at MLB then I would be fine with keeping Milano on a reasonable contract. The real need is a true edge player that can defend the run just enough not to be exposed but has the potential to be an elite pass rusher. Think Hughes when he first moved from OLB to DE- adequate against the run but very good pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have been critical of this FO at this point. If the team is going to keep chasing Carolina retreads they are going to catch more flack when they do not pan out. It is less the Carolina issue with me and more the spending a good chunk of money on past reputations. Vontae, Jefferson, Butler, Norman. We have seen this FO do this a few times and have it not pan out. The FO needs to do a better job of identifying FA at the right trajectories in their career. 

Don't forget Fat Kelvin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Although they only added 2 guys via FA on offense, Diggs and Williams have been awesome so gotta give them a lot of credit there. 

Oh I totally agree. I was just keeping it to the defensive side of the ball. What they did at OL and WR have been largely good...well kind of. We got to 2020 with some great talent on that side of the ball. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't forget Fat Kelvin

haha. oh god. I try and forget about him. There were some real missteps there. Kelvin "Buffet Line" Benjamin, Zay Jones, Jordan Matthews...that was a rough time.

2 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

I have no problem with giving guys a breather, but shouldn't your 4 best guys on the line be closer to 70% snap counts versus this...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/snap-counts?year=2020&team=BUF&week=ALL&position=DL&op=Submit&form_build_id=form-uKZUpYm1n3hMHjix2aaJ7fMO_NkbbFH-FDSmFbgqatU&form_id=fo_stats_snap_counts_form

That's honestly the way McD prefers to do it.    If you look at Carolina's D the year they went to the SB to keep guys fresh, ~a 50% split

OTOH, when a couple of guys are not doing well, Frazier/McD have been willing to cut their snaps for a while to "light the fire" as they did with Ed Oliver last year

Trent Murphy may be a poor game fit.  But, making a guy they pinned hopes on a healthy scratch as with Harrison Phillips, seems extreme

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

As be said many times already, I get them seeing very little action, but not dressing them? OK so who dresses up that usually doesn't? Depth at the DL?

Looks like a couple of practice squad guys gonna get dressed

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have been critical of this FO at this point. If the team is going to keep chasing Carolina retreads they are going to catch more flack when they do not pan out. It is less the Carolina issue with me and more the spending a good chunk of money on past reputations. Vontae, Jefferson, Butler, Norman. We have seen this FO do this a few times and have it not pan out. The FO needs to do a better job of identifying FA at the right trajectories in their career. 

I am not going to crucify them mid season. We are still 4-1 and playing the Chiefs tonight. We have to find a solution for the next few months with the guys we have. Hoping this shake up can help fix some things because it is really all we have at the moment. Otherwise this is just me arguing with my SO other and bringing up the last big fight we had. Doesn't do anything in the moment. 

(I think this is what my therapist would call growth)

I just get excited when Sean Beane consider ANY player NOT affiliated with Carolina. This lovefest with their old team is starting to look silly and somewhat desperate. I love the job these 2 have done but eventually you have to cut ties and evaluate the whole league. 

So the Left side is going to be Johnson and Epenesa while the Right will be Hughes, Addison and Cox Jr?

Then Butler backed up by Zimmer - he all of 6'3" 290 with 4 career tackles?

Through in Milano being out and I don't see how Kelce and Edwards-Helaire or going to have a field day while Mahomes will be able to relax.

Yikes!!!

I was very happy to see Harry not dressing. He is at best a career backup and they a) Love him because he was a 3rd round pick they whiffed on and b) Love his comeback from injury story.....sorry the dude isn’t right and even before the injury he isn’t big enough on a team where we already have another high talent DT who is not big enough. Butler and Jefferson need to get something done where he couldn’t and knock Mahomes around.

8 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

So the Left side is going to be Johnson and Epenesa while the Right will be Hughes, Addison and Cox Jr?

Then Butler backed up by Zimmer - he all of 6'3" 290 with 4 career tackles?

Through in Milano being out and I don't see how Kelce and Edwards-Helaire or going to have a field day while Mahomes will be able to relax.

Yikes!!!

Hughes and Addison don’t play on the same side 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I was very happy to see Harry not dressing. He is at best a career backup and they a) Love him because he was a 3rd round pick they whiffed on and b) Love his comeback from injury story.....sorry the dude isn’t right and even before the injury he isn’t big enough on a team where we already have another high talent DT who is not big enough. Butler and Jefferson need to get something done where he couldn’t and knock Mahomes around.

Harry needs a lot more "fire" in his game.  McDermott sitting him for the big wrestling match better light him up for the rest of the season.

HH needs to get angry!

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Hughes and Addison don’t play on the same side 

I was just going by how they have them listed on the depth chart.

Zimmer and Cox aren't even on it yet.

I find it hard to believe the UFDA the Bills signed out of Ferris State 4 years ago and cut 4 years ago, signed to the Saints and cut from the Saints after get signed to Montreal's practice squad before getting activated for their last game of the season 3 years ago, signed and waived by the Falcons 2 years ago, signed by the Browns and cut a year ago and then signed again by the Bills in August to be cut in September then added to the PS is suddenly going to be the answer in the middle. 

• Like (+1) 1

Edwards-Helaire isn't really that intimidating. I think he just gets a Chiefs boost. He hasn't been that great this year, I even just read that he's the worst RB inside the 10 in the league right now. This offense begins and ends with Mahomes, I'm really not worried about their run game.

7 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I was just going by how they have them listed on the depth chart.

Zimmer and Cox aren't even on it yet.

I find it hard to believe the UFDA the Bills signed out of Ferris State 4 years ago and cut 4 years ago, signed to the Saints and cut from the Saints after get signed to Montreal's practice squad before getting activated for their last game of the season 3 years ago, signed and waived by the Falcons 2 years ago, signed by the Browns and cut a year ago and then signed again by the Bills in August to be cut in September then added to the PS is suddenly going to be the answer in the middle. 

It’s Vernon Butler who will not rotate out for Phillips. Zimmer is a depth option for Butler. He’s not “the answer” he’s only expected to play better than Phillips if/when called upon 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I should note I don’t support either side lol. 

I find both useless, it’s definitely valid to be excited and/or upset about a player... but be able to back it up. The posters here that do that make things so much more engaging, but sometimes to get to it you have to scroll through 40 “he’s a franchise QB” and “dude is trash. Cut him and fire Beane” to get there. 

Everyone spends a little extra time stating their opinions and producing thoughtful content from time to time and things get super fun around here.

Is it OK to compare a player to a species of whale?  Or two different players to two different species of whales?

....Ah.... asking for a friend