Gameday Thread PreGame Bills vs. Chiefs

Chandler#81

I feel like Beane hasn't done McD any favors this season. 

His recruitment on the defensive side of the ball has been really poor. We have seen what McD can do with lesser talent, but this season he just doesn't have the right guys in his scheme. Edmunds is nowhere close to the type of MLB Luke was in Carolina. 

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

I feel like Beane hasn't done McD any favors this season. 

His recruitment on the defensive side of the ball has been really poor. We have seen what McD can do with lesser talent, but this season he just doesn't have the right guys in his scheme. Edmunds is nowhere close to the type of MLB Luke was in Carolina. 

I think just the opposite. McDermott thought he had what he needed and could make it work. We have had some key injuries to some spots with the least amount of depth. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Allen & Co. will need to put up 40 to win this one.   I don't see it, but, hey its the NFL every week stands on its own.  

Chiefs have scored 30 or more points in:

- 3 of 5 games this year

- 10 of 19 games (including playoffs) last year.

They are an offensive juggernaut, but sometimes I think we lose sight of the fact that even in today's NFL a 30 point game out of a great offense is no certainty.

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think just the opposite. McDermott thought he has what he needed and could make it work. We have had some key injuries to some spots with the least amount of depth. 

don't know about that. no real injuries on the dline. Edmunds is playing hurt yes but we still need better talent at several spots 

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

don't know about that. no real injuries on the dline. Edmunds is playing hurt yes but we still need better talent at several spots 

Reading your posts is like eating bad cheese very unpleasant .,

The Bills are reconfiguring their defensive line ahead of Monday night's showdown against the Chiefs.

Defensive end Trent Murphy and defensive tackle Harrison Phillips are expected to be healthy scratches, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The shake-up comes one week after a dispiriting loss to the Titans that saw Buffalo fail to sack Ryan Tannehill once and manage just two tackles for loss.

Per the Bills' depth chart, rookie A.J. Epenesa and former first-round pick Vernon Butler are listed behind Murphy and Phillips, respectively. The team announced Monday it is elevating defensive end Bryan Cox and defensive tackle Justin Zimmer for Week 6.

Their task will be a tall one.

One year after boasting one of the league's best defenses, Buffalo has taken a notable step back in 2020. Its pass rush and run defense have been particularly ineffective, as the unit is averaging just 2.0 sacks per game and was ranked No. 22 against the run by DVOA entering Week 6.