Gameday Thread PreGame Bills vs. Chiefs

Chandler#81

18 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

As I looked at the scores from yesterday this morning, you can see D’s finally waking up around the league. Many more lower scoring contest LS yesterday. With any luck the Bills D wakes up. 

I'm less confident than I have been, but I too am still expecting it to get it's act together at some point... Having White and Milano back would go a long way. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Key to winning is the Bills running game.  Last three opponents ran over the Chiefs.  Use the run to open up the pass specially the deep routes.  Somehow the Bills defense has to get some stops and not let the Chiefs score on every drive. 

I think KC has the 2nd worst run defense in the league. Good chance they should be able to run the ball tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Are you suggesting Josh plays at something less than "all out" at other games that are not ideally situated to be statement games?

I think he plays pretty much at exactly the same level of drive and commitment every game, and sometimes wins and sometimes loses because of lots of factors having nothing to do with his competitive and desire.

I’m not suggesting he doesn’t play hard/all out or give his all during every game. But for anyone that’s ever played sports or done anything competitive,  there is always that little extra you give (or try to give) when going up against the Champs and the guy that’s the best in the game at your position. Call it extra focus or desire, but whatever it is, I truly feel like Josh will be dialed in tonight because it’s the defending champs and Mahomes. 

Also, there’s a reason people say the defending champs always get everyone’s best. People hunt for the top spot. 

Edited by TheProcess

2 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Game Day prediction - Josh Allen will be so intent on wanting to beat Mahome's and the Chiefs that he will try too hard and make some mistakes that will prove to be costly to the Bills.

You missed your meds again, ya forgetful old fart!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was there. Game 7 of 14, Juice reached 1000 yards in route to 2000. I’m glad I got to see Len Dawson (for a little while) Buck Buchanan, Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, Jan Stenerud and Johnny Robinson. Also glad we whooped ‘em!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Key to winning is the Bills running game.  Last three opponents ran over the Chiefs.  Use the run to open up the pass specially the deep routes.  Somehow the Bills defense has to get some stops and not let the Chiefs score on every drive. 

The Bills OL cannot sustain blocks in the run game and Devin Singletary is auditioning for a role with "Dancing With the Stars" every time he takes a handoff.

You think that is all magically going to change starting tonight?

I hope to hell you are right as tonight is a nice place to start changing all of that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills OL cannot sustain blocks in the run game and Devin Singletary is auditioning for a role with "Dancing With the Stars" every time he takes a handoff.

You think that is all magically going to change starting tonight?

I hope to hell you are right as tonight is a nice place to start changing all of that.

Yup

We said the same thing before the raiders game as they had a terrible run defense and we gave up running the ball by the end of the 1st quarter 

this is Allen’s team

Edited by Penfield45

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The run game is where Feliciano is most missed. Cody Ford, on the other hand can be a mauler in the run game.

What I don’t understand is how Brian Winters still has a job ?? 

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Yup

We said the same thing before the raiders game as they had a terrible run defense and we gave up running the ball by the end of the 1st quarter 

As good as Allen and the passing game are, teams WILL figure out a way to slow down the passing attack.

Singletary/Moss and the OL need to step up in the running game or this season could blow up in all our faces.

I am not asking for the running game to put up 200 yards a game. I am just asking for it to be a threat so the field can still be opened up for the passing game.

Is this too hard to ask? 😁

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Yup

this is Allen’s team

The Bills ran 9 times in the 1st half against Vegas and 11 times in the 2nd (not counting kneel downs)...they didn’t try to run and give up; they ran/passed at the same ratio they’ve been doing it all season.