Gameday Thread PreGame Bills vs. Chiefs

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, The Old Man said:

Game Day prediction - Josh Allen will be so intent on wanting to beat Mahome's and the Chiefs that he will try too hard and make some mistakes that will prove to be costly to the Bills.

Beat Mahome's what?

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

a loss tonight isn’t the end of the world obviously.  But, if we lose by a blowout and our D gets pushed around like they did last Tuesday, then that’ll raise some serious questions (in my mind, at least) on whether we can go deep in the playoffs this season or not.

38 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Would I rather be down by 2 with 1 1/2 minutes in the game, with the ball,

or

would I rather be up by 2, Mahomes with the ball with 1 1/2 minutes left in the game?

Hmmm

I wouldn't trust our defense down by 2 with 30secs left. let Allen win the game for us all day 

Well I’m all done at work. Some food and family time before settling down to watch the game.

This one goes to OT. 31-34 Bills. I’m only telling you what the spirits are telling me.

Enjoy the game y’all 👍 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

a loss tonight isn’t the end of the world obviously.  But, if we lose by a blowout and our D gets pushed around like they did last Tuesday, then that’ll raise some serious questions (in my mind, at least) on whether we can go deep in the playoffs this season or not.

No doubt we need both.  Last year we needed the O to score in the 20s to have a chance to win most games.  I think we'll need high 30s or even 40 to win tonight.

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Well our defense hasn’t been healthy all year , 

Im confident that once we have everyone back this defense will be much better , 

so me personally I’m not ready to hit the panic button just yet ... 

Edited by Putin

4 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Really hope that White, Milano and Brown all play but I'm concerned this team will go the conservative route again since we have a glorified exhibition game next week where we certainly can get by without all of them giving them more time to heal and get to 100% or close to it.

But then again would have made sense to simply short term IR them if they planned on doing it this and there is very little chance this game is competitive especially without White and Milano again on the defensive side.

Wow that's some 4D Chess there.  Ask them to go this week and give them off next week could work too

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t hate me but I would be surprised if Milano plays before next week and I think white is going to be a game time decision. Like last week, will see how he feels before the game and if he’s active have to hope he can be effective (back issue is no bueno for a CB) and last the whole game. I expect Dane Jackson to be called up again either way. 

Realistically, I would like to see them sit through the Jets game and get ready for NE a divisional opponent and the Seahawks. Not counting this as a loss but pre-season if I was penciling in Ws and Ls this would have probably been an L. Also, makes last week's loss suck even more. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe, but that’s not what you’re likely to see. Using him in man coverage just isn’t a great investment of his skill set. You lose his ability to occupy zones and be a threat as a blitzer.

LA played him in man and the rest of the D in zone. Also hardly blitzed at all. I’m hoping we emulate that this evening...particularly with how poor our blitz has been. 

It's 12:46pm eastern time, and the utter craziness of this start time is starting to settle in.

I am getting a very bad feeling about the game, just because of the odd start time.  

I got the same feeling of uneasiness prior to the Tennessee game, but for different reasons.  

Let's hope I'm wrong!  

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Don’t underestimate Josh’s competitiveness and desire to go toe to toe with the best. Could be the ultimate statement game for him tonight. I think Josh shows up and shows out tonight. Now...will the defense show up? 

Are you suggesting Josh plays at something less than "all out" at other games that are not ideally situated to be statement games?

I think he plays pretty much at exactly the same level of drive and commitment every game, and sometimes wins and sometimes loses because of lots of factors having nothing to do with his competitiveness and desire.

🤔

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

As I looked at the scores from yesterday this morning, you can see D’s finally waking up around the league. Many more lower scoring contest LS yesterday. With any luck the Bills D wakes up. 

I said this to my nephew yesterday as well. Defenses finally are looking to catch up some. Not sure ours will yet but teams are starting to play much better D 

• Like (+1) 1

Key to winning is the Bills running game.  Last three opponents ran over the Chiefs.  Use the run to open up the pass specially the deep routes.  Somehow the Bills defense has to get some stops and not let the Chiefs score on every drive. 

• Thank you (+1) 2