Gameday Thread PreGame Bills vs. Chiefs

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

There will be lot of “old Josh” talks, and above all, there will be lot of “we are pretenders, we can’t be any good team” talk. This will happen even if we lose shootout, and then whole focus will be on defense.

I'm not worried about Josh. Let's just hope he's the last one with the ball, and we're only down 8 max.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

speaking of which, how are you all going to be watching this game? It’s a super awkward time. Even leaving work early, my wife Isn’t going to be thrilled with me watching a game from 5-8 on a Monday night. 

why are you married to her? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Peter King just said that Josh Allen looked like 2018 Josh Allen on Tuesday.

I’m going to bet a hefty sum that Peter King did not watch the game on Tuesday.

Greg Cosell pointed out that Josh struggled a bit with the zone (as has Mahomes at times) but "Josh Allen did not play poorly on Tuesday night"

(linked by @YoloinOhio in Week 6 thread)

Greg Cosell >>>>>>> Peter King for football knowledge, and No, Josh Allen did NOT look like 2018 Josh Allen.  Among other things, we would have had a hella lot more rushing yards if he did.

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

speaking of which, how are you all going to be watching this game? It’s a super awkward time. Even leaving work early, my wife Isn’t going to be thrilled with me watching a game from 5-8 on a Monday night. 

Spouses just have to understand what's important.  Order up Grubhub from her favorite restaurant, bring home a bunch of flowers, then park your butt at the tube.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Peter King just said that Josh Allen looked like 2018 Josh Allen on Tuesday.

I’m going to bet a hefty sum that Peter King did not watch the game on Tuesday.

This is such a lazy take (his, not yours).

I rewatched carefully each snap on offense incl. All 22. From his 27 completions (26 in stat sheet + TD to Davis taken back) all but one (Diggs short on right sideline) were spot on (ok maybe one other to Beasley was little low). Roberts INT was routine NFL catch. There were 3 clear drops (Diggs 2x, Knox) and two tough catches not made by Davis.

He made 5 "bad" throws by my count - INT, three forced deep throws to double coverage (Davis, Diggs, Jones) and one bad short pass to Diggs (that one could've been intercepted). He didn't take any unnecessary hits or sacks, he we elusive in pocket, he was decisive, didn't make any mistakes apart from INT and one other bad throw. Once or twice he missed open guy for shorter yardage.

That is not 2018 Josh Allen (whatever that means). 

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ya. thats a really stupid thing to say.

Is it just me or has Peter King had a hard -on for Josh Allen since the beginning. I mean didn't he say that he was the Bills weakness before the season or something like that. And, now you can argue the passing game is the only thing on the team that has played up to snuff. Jeez....Allen haters

11 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is such a lazy take (his, not yours).

I rewatched carefully each snap on offense incl. All 22. From his 27 completions (26 in stat sheet + TD to Davis taken back) all but one (Diggs short on right sideline) were spot on (ok maybe one other to Beasley was little low). Roberts INT was routine NFL catch. There were 3 clear drops (Diggs 2x, Knox) and two tough catches not made by Davis.

He made 5 "bad" throws by my count - INT, three forced deep throws to double coverage (Davis, Diggs, Jones) and one bad short pass to Diggs (that one could've been intercepted). He didn't take any unnecessary hits or sacks, he we elusive in pocket, he was decisive, didn't make any mistakes apart from INT and one other bad throw. Once or twice he missed open guy for shorter yardage.

That is not 2018 Josh Allen (whatever that means). 

I think it was a lazy take likely based on the interceptions and relative lack of points, and no two analysis of his play. Box score scouting. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Game Day prediction - Josh Allen will be so intent on wanting to beat Mahome's and the Chiefs that he will try too hard and make some mistakes that will prove to be costly to the Bills.

Between that and your prediction that the Defense will not be able to contain the Chiefs you are a real ray of sunshine. 

I think that maybe you tamp down your expectations so you don't get disappointed, like we did with a Leodis fumble or a Nick Fold field goal.  

I tend toward the optimistic but do believe that this iteration of the BB Defense will have a tough time tonight, but that doesn't translate to a loss.