Fear the Walking Dead again

4merper4mer

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

First two episodes of 2nd half have been good too.  This season is better than the last season of the main show.  The death last week was a tough one though.

A side note from last week's episode:  The Walking Dead may just be the worst possible TV show for a suicide prevention PSA.

Edited by shrader

55 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

They probably felt obligated to do so given what Dorie was trying to do.

He was such a good character and the actor did a great job.  Not my favorite death at all but I guess I see why they did it.  

Last night was another great Lennie James performance.  Morgan is my favorite character on either/both of the shows.  That said, I think Fear has more interesting characters as of now than the main show.  Strand, June, Morgan, Dwight, Al, Sherry, and others all have interesting stories going and something is bound to happen with Daniel because Ruben Blades is really good.

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

First two episodes of 2nd half have been good too.  This season is better than the last season of the main show.  The death last week was a tough one though.

Agree. Was surprised John got killed off. Guess they have to kill off characters at some point. But John was a pretty major, popular character.

38 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree. Was surprised John got killed off. Guess they have to kill off characters at some point. But John was a pretty major, popular character.

The actor will be in the movie “Army of the Dead” coming out in May. And he’s developing a new comedy series.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

He was such a good character and the actor did a great job.  Not my favorite death at all but I guess I see why they did it.  

Last night was another great Lennie James performance.  Morgan is my favorite character on either/both of the shows.  That said, I think Fear has more interesting characters as of now than the main show.  Strand, June, Morgan, Dwight, Al, Sherry, and others all have interesting stories going and something is bound to happen with Daniel because Ruben Blades is really good.

The cast has gotten way too big so they definitely need to thin the herd a bit.  Unfortunately they chose the best character on the show as their first kill.  That said, it has way more meaning than if they had decided to kill someone completely pointless like Nick's old girlfriend or either of the trucker twins.  Hell, I never much cared about June up until the last couple minutes last night.

They're definitely bringing it so far this half season with the big time deaths.  Hopefully we can get a few more, which bring extra screen time to the better characters and allow them to shine.

I can't be the only one who had an "oh yeah, there's a rabbi on this show" moment.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The cast has gotten way too big so they definitely need to thin the herd a bit.  Unfortunately they chose the best character on the show as their first kill.  That said, it has way more meaning than if they had decided to kill someone completely pointless like Nick's old girlfriend or either of the trucker twins.  Hell, I never much cared about June up until the last couple minutes last night.

They're definitely bringing it so far this half season with the big time deaths.  Hopefully we can get a few more, which bring extra screen time to the better characters and allow them to shine.

I can't be the only one who had an "oh yeah, there's a rabbi on this show" moment.

I like the rabbi.

21 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

yea it was 

someone needs therapy.  How can they trust her?  

Strand comes out on top (for now). 

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I like the rabbi.

Yeah, he's fine.  I just completely forgot about him.  It's kind of like last season with the episode where John was looking for who killed the one ranger (the one we just found out that Virginia's sister killed).  The woman they ultimately framed, I had completely forgotten who she was and had to look it up.  They need to at least develop the character a bit if they want to use her for meaningful death.  So far this half season, they definitely understand that.

Also, in talking about the rabbi, I recognize the actor from other roles (House), so I won't forget who he is.

So what exactly was Virginia building the army for anyway?  She seemed genuinely surprised that certain people were still alive (more than just Dwight and company), so it had to be more than just her castaways returning for blood.  I guess we have 5 more episodes to find out.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:45 PM, shrader said:

So what exactly was Virginia building the army for anyway?  She seemed genuinely surprised that certain people were still alive (more than just Dwight and company), so it had to be more than just her castaways returning for blood.  I guess we have 5 more episodes to find out.

the others.  

the ones Rick was taken too.  
Al’s love interest 

• 1 month later...

So pretty much everything about this half of the season was ridiculous.  The over the top coincidences of John Dorie senior and Teddy, nukes... The writers went way too far overboard trying to make things happen in this show.  I mean, it was entertaining enough, but so many of these things don't fit very well into the universe they've built over the years.

Some of these splinter groups better be dead whenever the show comes back with a time skip.  I have no idea how things work with fallout, but June and Dorie are basically just in the ground below vaporized Dakota.  They're in that bunker for a very long time.  And then there's Dwight and Sherry in their basement/shelter that doesn't even have a door.  And highrise Strand.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

So pretty much everything about this half of the season was ridiculous.  The over the top coincidences of John Dorie senior and Teddy, nukes... The writers went way too far overboard trying to make things happen in this show.  I mean, it was entertaining enough, but so many of these things don't fit very well into the universe they've built over the years.

Some of these splinter groups better be dead whenever the show comes back with a time skip.  I have no idea how things work with fallout, but June and Dorie are basically just in the ground below vaporized Dakota.  They're in that bunker for a very long time.  And then there's Dwight and Sherry in their basement/shelter that doesn't even have a door.  And highrise Strand.

Yeah the nukes I didn't care for much. Wouldn't that affect Walking Dead? They would get radiation too. I don't know......see where things go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.