Jets trade DT Steve McClendon to TB

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What team will give them a 2nd for Darnold right now?

When he gets healthy someone will probably give up a 1st. 

I don't think that there is any doubt left that the team is tanking. Now, they are simply losing on purpose and trying to gather up draft picks to surround Trevor with talent. I for one can't recall ever seeing any situation this obvious. The Alex Van Pelt Bills even won 4 games iirc. It seems unethical too, but I suppose anything goes in 2020. :(

Bill, what do you want from the Jests?  Seriously, I almost feel bad for the classy Jets fans, not the trolls.  I have some friends originally from NY and I don’t even have the heart to kid even a little as they are so dejected now.  As far as Darnold, I can see a team giving a second or maybe a third for him.  No one is giving up a 1st.  He just needs to get the heck out of there.  There will be some coach who thinks they can rehabilitate him.  I still contend one of the teams with an aging QB would consider him.  Reich is now a HC, but was a great QB coach a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bill, what do you want from the Jests?  Seriously, I almost feel bad for the classy Jets fans, not the trolls.  I have some friends originally from NY and I don’t even have the heart to kid even a little as they are so dejected now.  As far as Darnold, I can see a team giving a second or maybe a third for him.  No one is giving up a 1st.  He just needs to get the heck out of there.  There will be some coach who thinks they can rehabilitate him.  I still contend one of the teams with an aging QB would consider him.  Reich is now a HC, but was a great QB coach a few years ago.

And Philip Rivers definitely ain't it anymore so it would make a lot of sense.

In light of the unusual circumstances this year, maybe we suggest to Roger Goodell that the draft runs as a lottery for the cellar dwellers?  Before you say no, just suggest that New England and Tampa Bay are awarded additional compensatory draft picks, and see what he says.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, whorlnut said:

They have multiple first rounders for the next two years and could probably get a second for Darnold. They will have ammo to load up. 

I do NOT agree on the second for Darnold.  He will be destroyed by the end of the season they will be lucky to get a 4th and 6th in 2025 for him at this rate....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

To be fully honest, if I owned the Jets I am quite sure that I too would want to tank.

That said, I think that a tank to this degree threatens the integrity of the league in some way. It costs a lot of money to be an NFL Fan. I have spent several thousands of dollars being a Bills Fan in terms of attending games (to include travel and hotels), let alone Directv, and purchasing products with the logo. Am I not entitled to think that the Bills would at least try to win?

I don't know mgk, something just doesn't feel right to me about this situation.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Probably explains why they won’t fire Gase.

You might be kidding but honestly it’s a good plan. Maybe it was the plan the whole time?! Hire Gase, proven track record of being someone who can run off players and make your team bottom out. Get Lawerence or trade the pick for probably the biggest return in the history of the league.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975