Jets trade DT Steve McClendon to TB

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m sure they are keen to trade to us 

Doesn't seem fair that the teams that are tanking and selling off assets are in our division two years in a row. Why can't a team from the NFC tank? I blame the NFC East they're all tanking at the same time so they all think they have a chance.

18 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

They have multiple first rounders for the next two years and could probably get a second for Darnold. They will have ammo to load up. 

They've definitely got some draft assets, but it is going to take way more than what is likely to be two late first round picks over two years and whatever they get selling Sam Darnold at absolute rock bottom to be competitive.

And that's if they start hitting on their draft picks and developing and retaining their drafted talent.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think they may be going with an alternative strategy.

WOW! I just had a flashback to a job I once had. Did you notice the past tense? I feel for the desperate people who remain in that nasty outhouse of a workplace. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

WOW! I just had a flashback to a job I once had. Did you notice the past tense? I feel for the desperate people who remain in that nasty outhouse of a workplace. 

I mean it's honestly kind of amazing, I thought the dolphins weren't very subtle about it but this is getting increasingly ridiculous.

Miami had some pieces last year and were at least competitive.  

The Jets, if they take Lawrence #1, will have a late 1st, most likely, from Seattle, potentially a second 2nd Rounder if they trade Sam and then and extra 1st next year.  

They get Mosley back next year, and have Quinnen Williams, Jamison Crowder along with Mekhi Becton... that’s really it.  Maybe Mims is something?

No running backs.  

No tight ends.  
1.5 WR’s.  

1 good O-Lineman (I think, he’s already hurt)

1 decent D-Lineman

1 good linebacker

1 decent corner (slot corner)

1 decent safety 

If I had to guess, they’ll draft Trevor, add OL with their 3-4 Top 100 picks after trading Sam for a 2nd, and throw a ton of money at Juju or Allen Robinson. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

There's nothing else they need to do. They legitimately might be the worst team in NFL history. 

Think the Browns from a few years ago would put up a strong fight. They had no QB either.

16 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I would love for Lawrence to simply tell the Jets no thanks youll have to trade or draft someone else bc i wont sign with you. Eli Manning 2.0. 

not really far-fetched for Lawrence to go back to Clemson if Jets get 1st pick.  Probably more likely than not.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

They have multiple first rounders for the next two years and could probably get a second for Darnold. They will have ammo to load up. 

But if you’re a Jets fan wouldn’t you at least have a sliver of concern that those firing the draft cannon with said ammo may completely miss? 🤔