Devin Bush torn ACL, Taylor Lewan may have as well

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I disagree.  QB of the D . Hasn't missed a snap all year prior to injury. He will be missed alot. Great players aren't easy to replace.  

So do you think the Ravens win the division?  Vegas only moves the point spread if a QB goes down.  I agree he is a very good player but I don't think his loss will cost them winning the division.  

6 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not sure, to be honest. I speak only as someone who has torn theirs and it’s rather terrible: there’s the pain, of course, and the surgery, but the worst part is how it messes with your mind. After the tear, your leg will go side to side at the knee. It’s a very strange feeling (I’m speaking of a complete tear). 

Going back against some of the best athletes in the US with the memory of your knee being that way and the pain (from both the tear and the recovery) cannot be easy in my opinion. 

There have been many NFL players who come back the following year and aren’t the same for a year after their return. It just isn’t the same feeling yet it’s your knee. 

Same. I’ve done both mine, each knee, and you don’t come back the same.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

So do you think the Ravens win the division?  Vegas only moves the point spread if a QB goes down.  I agree he is a very good player but I don't think his loss will cost them winning the division.  

That's not necessarily true as sharp money can move a spread if a significant non QB players goes down.  The Michael Thomas "discipline" one game suspension moved the Saints line from -9 to -7 against the Chargers example.

16 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Well that’s pretty low class.. 

ehh, thats boarderline. Ive uttered the words "i hope the Pats plane crashes" on more then one occasion over the last 20 something years. This addiction called "football fan" makes you think and say off character things. Itll all be fine come spring.

• Like (+1) 1

Too bad for Bush and the Steelers.  Bills Steelers is coming up in mid-December.  That will give the Steelers time to acclimate to life without Bush, but there's no way they can completely make up for the loss of speed in the middle.

10 hours ago, purple haze said:

A stronger Buffalo equals a stronger Buffalo. The Bills success or failure is based on what they do not the opponents roster.

Actually it’s both,

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Honestly, this is testing mine. He has such a punchable face to go with the personality of a brat. Good thing he is a giant man. 

Lewan is a first class douchebag in any way you want to define the word.

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Honestly, this is testing mine. He has such a punchable face to go with the personality of a brat. Good thing he is a giant man. 

"Brat" is not the best word for this guy. He threatened to rape a woman who charged his roommate with rape. That's more of a problem than his punchable face. 

Edited by Dr. K

Maybe I'm a jerk, but I'm fine rooting for injuries to happen to certain players/teams that give us an advantage/ happen to guys that are dbags... My take on it is this: If i could wish away injuries entirely, I would... But I can't, there's going to be a certain number of season ending injuries each week/year. If they're going to happen they might as well happen in a way that is advantageous. I guess I can phrase it like this: 

If you had to choose between say, Jalen Ramsey and Derwin James suffering a season ending injury, i'm always gonna prefer the douche canoe have it happen to him. 

Same thing with a player on a NFC contender vs. a player on an AFC contender. I don't want injuries to happen, but they will. 

This thread got really interesting once Lewan got injured too. I feel like many more people would celebrate this injury cause he's a douchebag, but they just spent 2 pages criticizing some poster for celebrating Devin Bush's injury so they don't want to look like hypocrites. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Actually it’s both,

I disagree.   No team can control who plays for an opponent.  Teams can control their execution related to their game plan

for those opponents.  Every week in the NFL teams with supposedly "less" talent win games experts don't think they should

win.  Execute more consistently, on a play-by-play basis, than the other team and win.  

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Both are big losses.  Lewans a really good OT.  Saffold is good at LG too but cohesion will be lost, and Lewan is a really good run blocker. 

First series after Lewan gets hurt we give up a strip sack fumble that completely turned the game on its head. 😫

This injury is gonna be tough to overcome. 

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

I disagree.   No team can control who plays for an opponent.  Teams can control their execution related to their game plan

for those opponents.  Every week in the NFL teams with supposedly "less" talent win games experts don't think they should

win.  Execute more consistently, on a play-by-play basis, than the other team and win.  

You would be wrong, other team’s injuries do create benefits for a team that plays them, period, not arguable in any way. 

Go Bills!!!

26 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You would be wrong, other team’s injuries do create benefits for a team that plays them, period, not arguable in any way. 

Go Bills!!!

Really?  Chiefs missing 2 starting offensive lineman.  How about those benefits?  Comes down execution as it always does.  Enjoy the rest of this ass whuppin’ our front 7 is taking.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:27 PM, purple haze said:

Really?  Chiefs missing 2 starting offensive lineman.  How about those benefits?  Comes down execution as it always does.  Enjoy the rest of this ass whuppin’ our front 7 is taking.

Your missing the point, when a teams starters go down it presents a benefit to the opposing team, if said team takes advantage is a different question.