Devin Bush torn ACL, Taylor Lewan may have as well

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

ACL's are really no big deal anymore. It might take the player a year to get back to his previous level once he starts playing again even after recovery but they usually get back without much of a problem.

But the 7 or 8 months of rehab and recovery definitely sucks.

Curious: have you ever torn yours?

Edited by TroutDog

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Curious: have you ever torn yours?

No but my best friend tore his. Recovery sucked but it was pretty much straightforward with no complications and he didn't have constant access to the best medical staffs, trainers and sports medicine.

Pretty clearly these are routine nowadays. When was the last person that failed to come back from an ACL?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No but my best friend tore his. Recovery sucked but it was pretty much straightforward with no complications and he didn't have constant access to the best medical staffs, trainers and sports medicine.

Pretty clearly these are routine nowadays. When was the last person that failed to come back from an ACL?

I’m not sure, to be honest. I speak only as someone who has torn theirs and it’s rather terrible: there’s the pain, of course, and the surgery, but the worst part is how it messes with your mind. After the tear, your leg will go side to side at the knee. It’s a very strange feeling (I’m speaking of a complete tear). 

Going back against some of the best athletes in the US with the memory of your knee being that way and the pain (from both the tear and the recovery) cannot be easy in my opinion. 

There have been many NFL players who come back the following year and aren’t the same for a year after their return. It just isn’t the same feeling yet it’s your knee. 

26 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not sure, to be honest. I speak only as someone who has torn theirs and it’s rather terrible: there’s the pain, of course, and the surgery, but the worst part is how it messes with your mind. After the tear, your leg will go side to side at the knee. It’s a very strange feeling (I’m speaking of a complete tear). 

Going back against some of the best athletes in the US with the memory of your knee being that way and the pain (from both the tear and the recovery) cannot be easy in my opinion. 

There have been many NFL players who come back the following year and aren’t the same for a year after their return. It just isn’t the same feeling yet it’s your knee. 

Yes for sure there is about a year or so between the time you get back on the field until the tike you feel back to normal performance wise. 

How long ago was yours? Did you recover fully?

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yes for sure there is about a year or so between the time you get back on the field until the tike you feel back to normal performance wise. 

How long ago was yours? Did you recover fully?

Mine was five years ago (full ACL and MCL tears) and no, I haven’t: still cannot straighten my knee...but I’m not a good sample group as I’m 50, not a professional athlete and have other ailments. 

Having been an athlete, though, I believe it would mess with your mind for a while. I think it’s, in all reality, a two year injury...which is extreme for these young men.

That’s all I’m saying. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope you all appreciate my classy restraint with this one. 

Just one reason to miss preseason a little bit less. I fear preseason injury far more than a loss. They need to get in game shape, but safely. There is no perfect solution, but I pray that one good thing can come from this year and we can do “better”. 

Sucks for the man, the team and the fans. 

Hoping we get lucky for the rest of the year. 

Edited by Augie

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don't care if this makes me an awful person, but Lewan tearing his ACL made me smile.  He is garbage and should probably be in prison.

https://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Michigan-football-covered-up-rape-allegations-and-threats-of-violence-then-lied-about-it-people-need-to-be-fired-immediately-393

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Harrison Phillips seems to be struggling to come back fully

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Ben stays healthy, I still think Pittsburgh wins that division. Not sure one player changes a lot but Bush meant a lot to that defense. I had Pittsburgh, KC, and Seattle as the toughest games of the year. Still think that is the case. 

I disagree.  QB of the D . Hasn't missed a snap all year prior to injury. He will be missed alot. Great players aren't easy to replace.  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do. But seeing as I’m not restrained, I’ll just say I couldn’t feel worse for a terrific young player like Devin Bush, but I couldn’t care less for Lewan, one of the league’s true douche bags. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Good. A weaker Pittsburgh equals a stronger Buffalo. Injuries are part of the game and this benefits the Bills. 

A stronger Buffalo equals a stronger Buffalo. The Bills success or failure is based on what they do not the opponents roster.