Remember the JA to Wentz comparisons?

DCofNC

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Solid detective work.

Besides, even if I DID say that, arguing if they are the worst or the second worst or the third worst is HILARIOUS after spending two pages arguing about the quality of their weapons. Let's pick nits harder, they are better than the 2010 Bills, how can you say they have no weapons!

Their weapons suck. Bottom 3 sucks. Miles Sanders and Ertz are the difference between them being the worst vs third worst. They still suck. You lose. Surrender.

Wentz was "without" Jackson and Reagor last year.  They won 9 games.  Today he had 2 of his most potent weapons on the field from last season: his leading rusher and his leading receiver.  That's not "no weapons", no matter how many times you change the subject (or refuse to answer simple questions).  

He was winless in 3 games with Jackson.  2 games with Jackson and Reagor

You can add Miami to the list as well....

15 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

A big part of the Eagles issue is poor drafts, and Doug Pedersen not being a good coach. Reich Foles carried that guy to a Lombardi Trophy. 

fixed

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wentz was "without" Jackson and Reagor last year.  They won 9 games.  Today he had 2 of his most potent weapons on the field from last season: his leading rusher and his leading receiver.  That's not "no weapons", no matter how many times you change the subject (or refuse to answer simple questions).  

fixed

Foles did, but we heard so much about Pederson’s offensive philosophy run by that Eagles team. It hasn’t looked the same since Reich was the OC. I’m also not sold on Pederson as a leader. Something is just off about that team, and having such a poor season following a Super Bowl win doesn’t say much for the coach keeping everyone focused. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was winless in 3 games with Jackson.  2 games with Jackson and Reagor

fixed

Imagine if we could find any difference between last year and this year. Particularly on the OL.

They are 28th in the NFL! Weapons!

Edited by FireChans

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Before Wentz got hurt on the Eagles way to the Super Bowl, I honestly thought he was on his way to being one of the top 3 QB's in the league.  He was making some amazing throws and great field awareness.

That injury really set him back

He’s a shell of himself since the injury in all honesty.  He has NOWHERE near the arm he had, and it’s sure as heck not in Allen’s league.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Imagine if we could find any difference between last year and this year. Particularly on the OL.

They are 28th in the NFL! Weapons!

You've spent this thread droning on and on about how he was missing his "top 3 receivers" (THIS year).  I point out that even WITH 2 of them, they are winless (couldn't beat Washington OR Cincy!).  Now you drop that argument in favor of "the O-line".  

Does Josh beat the Skins and Bengals with the weapons on the field for the Eagles?   Allen would just walk onto the field and easily beat those two dogs.  Wentz STUNK in those games.

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You've spent this thread droning on and on about how he was missing his "top 3 receivers" (THIS year).  I point out that even WITH 2 of them, they are winless (couldn't beat Washington OR Cincy!).  Now you drop that argument in favor of "the O-line".  

Does Josh beat the Skins and Bengals with the weapons on the field for the Eagles?   Allen would just walk onto the field and easily beat those two dogs.  Wentz STUNK in those games.

I didn’t drop anything. You made the comparison between the Eagles last year and this year. Yes, last year they were healthier and played better. You got me there!

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I didn’t drop anything. You made the comparison between the Eagles last year and this year. Yes, last year they were healthier and played better. You got me there!

So we'll wrap this up:  with or without Jackson/Reagor, Wentz has stunk.  It's not about  the week 6 roster---nothing could be more clear.

You could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment and led with that---or just acknowledged this obvious fact at the top of this thread, instead of painting yourself into this corner--falling into each hole along the way...

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I recall a lot of people making that pre-draft comparison, Allen is twice the player Wentz is and a Way bigger factor in his team’s success.  

I live near Philly and Eagle fans are ready to run him out of town. I hear most of the team doesn't like him.

Their physical traits are similar though Allen has the stronger arm and is more athletic.  It's hard to make a direct comparison because the team surrounding the player has a great impact, not only on the success or failure of the QB, but the habits and discipline of the QB.  Wentz's lack of weapons and poor blocking will tend to make him want to try and carry more on his shoulders to help the team.  Ans as we all know, that can become hero ball and end up being counterproductive.  Over time, I assume that can be habit forming, leading to some regression as a player.  It may take a smart, process oriented coach to help him through it.  I don't know if Wentz has that in Pederson or not.

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

He was making some amazing throws and great field awareness.

That injury really set him back

I wasn't aware that knee injuries impacted field awareness.  You learn something new every day I guess!

Not sure why people get so in a tizzy with Allen comparisons or prior statements. At the time of the Wentz comparisons he was coming off a MVP caliber season which his team was one of the best in football and won the SB. They've made the playoffs the two seasons since and he would've played more in the playoffs if he didn't get a concussion which wasn't his fault. In his three seasons after his rookie year he has averaged 27 TDs, 7 ints, and 3500 yds. He has zero weapons this season or their broken and still has managed to get the Eagles offense going now. Are their injury concerns for Wentz? Absolutely and he seems to be pressing without solid weapons around him. But I am not surprised either given most QBs would press if they don't have much help. You can see how much Allen has benefited from a guy like Diggs in the lineup and even Davis coming of age. Josh absolutely has a higher ceiling and could be a bigger star then Wentz, but Wentz has justified his 1st round draft pick and given good stability at QB for the Eagles something most teams would desire.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I wasn't aware that knee injuries impacted field awareness.  You learn something new every day I guess!

I think any injury can mentally affect someone.  Even if makes you hesitant by a split second, your ability to process things as fast gets affected.

But maybe that's me.

Personally, I don't know how pitchers who take line drives to the face ever go back out on the mound again.  I'd always be flinching after every release