Remember the JA to Wentz comparisons?

DCofNC

Before Wentz got hurt on the Eagles way to the Super Bowl, I honestly thought he was on his way to being one of the top 3 QB's in the league.  He was making some amazing throws and great field awareness.

That injury really set him back

• Like (+1) 8

Wentz is having a real struggle. He doesn't have much around him but man he holds the ball so long and is late on so many throws even when he completes. 

He was like this last year then the last 5 or 6 weeks suddenly found some form. I don't see a similar revival this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Wentz is having a real struggle. He doesn't have much around him but man he holds the ball so long and is late on so many throws even when he completes. 

He was like this last year then the last 5 or 6 weeks suddenly found some form. I don't see a similar revival this year.

He’s pressing.  I read somewhere that he’s throwing a lot of “wormburners” - he’s gripping the ball so tightly it’s hitting the ground short of his receivers.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s pressing.  I read somewhere that he’s throwing a lot of “wormburners” - he’s gripping the ball so tightly it’s hitting the ground short of his receivers.

Yep. I have said he is like a golfer with the yips and the problem there is often how hard they are gripping the putter. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What is happening on this board? We just got blown out and Eagles almost beat Ravens. 

Maybe it's because we're still 4-1 and the only team we've lost to is currently 5-0, but you go ahead and lean into being miserable.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Carson Wentz is very good.  What he's doing with no weapons this year is incredible.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Miles Sanders and Zach Ertz are hardly "no weapons"

6 games. 1 win.  Winless at home. 8 TDs.  9INTs.  200 ypg.

You've redefined "incredible".

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I recall a lot of people making that pre-draft comparison, Allen is twice the player Wentz is and a Way bigger factor in his team’s success.  

How can you make that statement 5 games into the season?  he needs to finish the year and produce in the playoffs

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Miles Sanders and Zach Ertz are hardly "no weapons"

6 games. 1 win.  Winless at home. 8 TDs.  9INTs.  200 ypg.

You've redefined "incredible".

His top 3 WR's are out!  If Diggs, Brown and Beasley were all hurt, would we say Josh still has weapons in Singletary?

Insanity.

• Like (+1) 1