The Patriots are 2-3

Virgil

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Shaq Mason is not only their best olineman.... but it is between he and Gilmore for the best player on that team. They are their two elite level talents. Their line is not the same without him. They couldn't run on Denver at all without Mason and their weaponary offensively is brutal. A broken down Edelman, Harry who is looking like a bust and then two scrubs in Byrd and Izzo. Neither of their tight ends they drafted can get on the field, Jakobi Myers who showed a bit of promise last season has disappeared.... I mean it is anaemic in the extreme.

When the best you can do is trick plays with Edelman as the QB you're getting desparate.  They're going to have to make a deadline move because even with a fully healthy line they're lack of playmakers makes them a one and done team at best.

Pats fans are still in that delusional phase.....interesting to spend a few minutes on twitter, some of their message forums, and in replies to newspaper/online columnist articles...

A lot of stuff like:

-This is what happens when you can't practice for the better part of 2 weeks

-Cam obviously is injured, maybe he needs to rest for a few games so he can be better for the playoffs

-Can't let the Bills get too far ahead in the standings or it will make them harder to catch later in the year

-I picked them at 12-4 before the season, now its going to be 10-6.

The next few years for the Pats fans are going to be a struggle...

• Like (+1) 1

I will believe the Patriots are dead when their dead body has been cut up in little pieces, set on fire, and buried underground.

Until then, I fear them pretty much as before.

I think both games against them will be tough and we can easily lose both of them.

The more I think about it, I think the Pats are just bad.

They lost Hightower / Cannon / Chung to opt out.

Other than Winovich and a couple interior Olinemen, they are getting no production from players they drafted.

They have ~3 All Pro caliber players, one is a guard, one is a special teamer.  Who scares you with the ball in their hands?