Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Virgil

The Patriots are 2-3

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Was Cam wearing ankle weights today? 

 

That was the lingering effects of his viral infection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting watching Brady and Belichick on different teams.  They're just not used to not being able to rely on one another.  Last week against the Bears I guarantee Brady knows what down it is with Belichick as head coach and the team wouldn't beat itself with 109 yards in penalties.  Him screaming at his o-line was amusing.

 

As for the Broncos game, Brady wouldn't have thrown those two picks or took as many sacks as Newton did.  They pry pull it out in the end like we've seen them do ad nauseam for the last 20 years.  The Patriots were dealing with a depleted line but their lack of offensive weapons makes them beatable.  Harry's been disappointing.  I don't know if a trade for AJ Green or Beckham is in the cards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's interesting watching Brady and Belichick on different teams.  They're just not used to not being able to rely on one another.  Last week against the Bears I guarantee Brady knows what down it is with Belichick as head coach and the team wouldn't beat itself with 109 yards in penalties.  Him screaming at his o-line was amusing.

 

As for the Broncos game, Brady wouldn't have thrown those two picks or took as many sacks as Newton did.  They pry pull it out in the end like we've seen them do ad nauseam for the last 20 years.  The Patriots were dealing with a depleted line but their lack of offensive weapons makes them beatable.  Harry's been disappointing.  I don't know if a trade for AJ Green or Beckham is in the cards.  

 

Shaq Mason is not only their best olineman.... but it is between he and Gilmore for the best player on that team. They are their two elite level talents. Their line is not the same without him. They couldn't run on Denver at all without Mason and their weaponary offensively is brutal. A broken down Edelman, Harry who is looking like a bust and then two scrubs in Byrd and Izzo. Neither of their tight ends they drafted can get on the field, Jakobi Myers who showed a bit of promise last season has disappeared.... I mean it is anaemic in the extreme.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I will be floored if Cam makes it thru the season as the Patriots starter. With Brady the Patriots win that game without a doubt, there is a reason Cam was a FA for most of the offseason. 

But , but , but good Ol Bill outsmarted everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam has thrown for 714 yards and 2 TDs in 5 games. That’s some big Tyrod energy.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their offense has turned to gimmick plays to try to score. Wouldn't surprise me if Edelman has more TD passes than Cam does by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mattynh said:

If the bills win the jets and pats games upcoming they are rolling!    That is a big if though.  Gotta get it done.  On the other hand they have three losses and if the bills lose to the chefs and then to the pats.  

So, a lot of ifs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw CBS say this is the first time Pats******* have had a losing record since October of 2002

 

Bahahahahaha

 

 

bill-belichick-lets-party.jpg (500×417) : dankmemes

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't write the Pats off just yet as they still have Bill and that D but yesterday was a bad loss. The Bills have to watch out for the Dolphins. Miami seems to have done a pretty good job in rebuilding their team. Dolphins GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores are doing for them what Beane and McDermott are doing here. I wouldn't be surprised if the last game of the season between the Bills and Dolphins is for the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only did they lose to the Broncos, Drew Lock tried to singlehandedly give them the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Honest I’m more worried about Dolphins than the Patriots 

I think Allen just threw another TD on them

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Allen just threw another TD on them


I should say I’m not worried at all about the Dolphins either. The Patriots are dead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I know they are the walking dead and will never go away, but even with a Chiefs loss, the potential we are 6-2 and they are 2-5 with a head to head loss to us already to start November is very much in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, nucci said:

So, a lot of ifs?

Yep and no matter what your opinion is there are a lot of ifs.   There is a lot of football to be played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Yep and no matter what your opinion is there are a lot of ifs.   There is a lot of football to be played. 

there's always a lot of ifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Niners game last night, next weekend's match-up between Pats/Niners doesn't look as easy as for the Pats as I would have thought about a week or two ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

After the Niners game last night, next weekend's match-up between Pats/Niners doesn't look as easy as for the Pats as I would have thought about a week or two ago.

cart before the horse here, but we may honestly have a chance to put the dagger in them come week 8.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I loved the all-out pressure Fangio brought on the Patriots final 4th and 10 play where they ran a delayed double safety blitz and Cam wildly threw incomplete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...