Gameday around the NFL 10/18

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Watch Gase get fired after this game and the Bills have to play the Jets in the Interim Coach Rally game.

I somehow think they haven't fired him because they are assured the #1 draft pick by keeping him this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, billsherd said:

They probably thought they were going to spike it. 

why would they spike it? There were 6 minutes left in OT

1 minute ago, Fred Slacks said:

That was frustrating to watch. 

Patriots lost too which was awesome. 

This week most games played out favorable for us. 

Too bad I had the Patriots in my Last Man Standing survivor pool.  Oh well, seeing them lose was worth it.

8 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

I think the NFC isn't quite as up for grabs a as people think. I think it's largely a matter of who between Tampa, NO and Green Bay is going to make it.

Outside of those 3, Seattle and the Rams will be in the mix but they aren't really playing anyone yet and to me make up the middle tier. Chicago also has a good record but ia running into a part of the schedule that will expose them coming up soon.

The AFC on the other hand has a bunch of good teams. KC, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Las Vegas are 8 teams for seven spots.

Yeah this is the most competitive AFC I've seen in a long while....I was just looking at the standings.  This is one interesting year to say the least.  Damn it feels good to have a 2 game lead in the DIVISION...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My football clock is ALL messed up! Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we are still playing, but getting used to a Tuesday night game followed by a Monday 5:00 pm game has me at a loss. I’m good with Sunday’s at 1:00 pm week after week. The occasional primetime game is cool, but this feels like Wednesday at lunch may come next. Huh?   🤷‍♂️

I no right The game comes on at 4 were I stay got to leave work at 1:30. Dang NFZl

45 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

I think the NFC isn't quite as up for grabs a as people think. I think it's largely a matter of who between Tampa, NO and Green Bay is going to make it.

Outside of those 3, Seattle and the Rams will be in the mix but they aren't really playing anyone yet and to me make up the middle tier. Chicago also has a good record but ia running into a part of the schedule that will expose them coming up soon.

The AFC on the other hand has a bunch of good teams. KC, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Las Vegas are 8 teams for seven spots.

I don’t really see NO, TB, and GB being that far ahead of the other teams though. I’m not overly confident in Brees or Brady at this part of their career, and Green Bay never seems to put it all together. The fact that the Seahawks have Wilson is a great equalizer, McVay is a good offensive coach in LA, and the Bears have a legit D with a QB in Foles who could get hot. Those teams might seem more second tier, but I could see any of them in the Super Bowl, with the Bears being least likely. However, the Bears just beat the Bucs, so I don’t really see any of these teams as being dominant. 

In the next five weeks, Chicago is going to play the Saints, Rams, Packers, and Titans.

20 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Oh I was thinking about the last play in the regulation time. 

I would have called timeout the second I saw that wildcat.

50 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Yeah this is the most competitive AFC I've seen in a long while....I was just looking at the standings.  This is one interesting year to say the least.  Damn it feels good to have a 2 game lead in the DIVISION...

The Bills are 4-1, Dolphins 3-3...what 2 game lead should they lose to KC.

What's kinda scary is the Bills are PF 139, PA 142 = -3 differential.

The Dolphins currently are PF 160, PA 113 = +47 differential

50 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

"A month ago I had a full head of hair"

I think the Jets FO wants this current situation, to fire the HC and to draft Trevor Lawrence. I've read about rumors of the Jets trading Darnold to the Colts for a #2 pick. 

They must be thinking they really screwed the pooch with that 2018 draft in going after Darnold @ #3*!  Also, seeing what Josh Allen has done recently I'm sure Jets fans are crying in their beers too.

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I think the Jets FO wants this current situation, to fire the HC and to draft Trevor Lawrence. I've read about rumors of the Jets trading Darnold to the Colts for a #2 pick. 

They must be thinking they really screwed the pooch with that 2018 draft in going after Darnold @ #3*!  Also, seeing what Josh Allen has done recently I'm sure Jets fans are crying in their beers too.

We will beat the Dolphins at home. And they still have upcoming games against KC, LV as well

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I mean - Miami truly isn't a bad team.   As we saw when buffalo played them, fitz can still sling it.  He had a great game against SF.  But they also have blowout wins against Jax and NYJ.  

Outside of week 1 against NE they have scored like 30 points per game though.  

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I mean - Miami truly isn't a bad team.   As we saw when buffalo played them, fitz can still sling it.  He had a great game against SF.  But they also have blowout wins against Jax and NYJ.  

Outside of week 1 against NE they have scored like 30 points per game though.  

Miami is good. I think they are a year away from being a genuine threat (depending on Tua actually being good of course because at some point they will move off Fitz).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Miami is good. I think they are a year away from being a genuine threat (depending on Tua actually being good of course because at some point they will move off Fitz).

Have to be absolutely ecstatic as a Miami fan. Have your QB of the future in Tua, a competitive team this season, good coaching staff in place, and a (very likely) top 5 pick this season courtesy of Houston’s ineptitude. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Have to be absolutely ecstatic as a Miami fan. Have your QB of the future in Tua, a competitive team this season, good coaching staff in place, and a (very likely) top 5 pick this season courtesy of Houston’s ineptitude. 

Bit like McDermott and Beane here it starts with finally getting a GM (Grier) and a HC (Flores) who are aligned and have a very clear vision of what they are trying to do. You look at Miami and see a plan. You look at the Jets and see a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

4 picks in the first 2 rounds next season too.  With a young QB likely taking over, probably 2 of those go to o-line.

With the extra picks you could also pull a luxury and try and get an Etienne too.

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Vrabel appeared to take an intentional penalty to stop the clock on Titans’ comeback

With the Titans trailing 30-29 and Houston having the ball on second-and-1 with 3:28 to play, Vrabel sent safety Josh Kalu onto the field, making him the 12th Titans defender.

If the Texans had run the ball, there’s a good chance they would have picked up the first down anyway, but the clock would have kept running. Vrabel saved about 40 seconds with the penalty.

Those 40 seconds made a huge difference, as the Titans ended up scoring the game-tying touchdown with four seconds left, and then winning the game in overtime.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-vrabel-appeared-intentional-penalty-141619582.html

Another “cheater” from the Belicheat tree. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

19 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

That was frustrating to watch. 

Patriots lost too which was awesome. 

This week most games played out favorable for us. 

Why? I'd say it was direct opposite.

Pats lost that's great and was probably most important game from PO perspective. But other than that everything went bad. There were 3 games in which we clearly wanted other team to win:

Colts won vs Bengals and were pretty close to loss.

Ravens won vs Eagles and Eagles surprisingly had a chance at the end.

Titans won vs Texans and were pretty close to loss.

Steelers / Browns was hard to say what we want. From PO perspective we wanted probably Steelers to win, from seeding perspective Browns.

And in Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes Jets lost, and Giants and Falcons won. Not that I care but its clear that we prefer him to go to NFC, and not to our division.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Why? I'd say it was direct opposite.

Pats lost that's great and was probably most important game from PO perspective. But other than that everything went bad. There were 3 games in which we clearly wanted other team to win:

Colts won vs Bengals and were pretty close to loss.

Ravens won vs Eagles and Eagles surprisingly had a chance at the end.

Titans won vs Texans and were pretty close to loss.

Steelers / Browns was hard to say what we want. From PO perspective we wanted probably Steelers to win, from seeding perspective Browns.

And in Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes Jets lost, and Giants and Falcons won. Not that I care but its clear that we prefer him to go to NFC, and not to our division.

Pats lost

Steelrrs/Browns is a toss up. One is going to win the division. My guess it’s the Steelers and we have a head to head with them. 

I can’t remember the other games but I thought all in all it went okay for us. I could be wrong though.