Gameday around the NFL 10/18

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Fred Slacks said:

Well I guess what I take from this weekend is don’t over react. 

GB is getting whooped. Titans almost lost to Houston until Houston blew it. 

Browns look bad. Steelers looked dominant. 

it’s a week to week league. I think we have just as good of a chance against KC as any other team. 

Why the heck didn’t Houston call timeout on 3rd and goal in OT? They weren’t even close to ready on defense. 

My football clock is ALL messed up! Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we are still playing, but getting used to a Tuesday night game followed by a Monday 5:00 pm game has me at a loss. I’m good with Sunday’s at 1:00 pm week after week. The occasional primetime game is cool, but this feels like Wednesday at lunch may come next. Huh?   🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean I do think they are frauds in terms of Superbowl talk. I think they will be in the playoffs. But they are not a Superbowl team IMO. 

I think every team in the NFC has the potential to be a fraud. It’s really up for grabs, and doesn’t have contenders that seem as “legit” as the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Bills already 9.5 pt. Favorites next week.  May win by 30 🤣

Normally, I'd say don't count your chickens before they hatch, never underestimate a team, division games are always tough no matter what the records are, but....

These aren't our father's Bills, and these Jets are just plain dookie.  I wouldn't be surprised if Josh drops a 50 burger on em...

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Brady will probably be in this years' SB all said and done...

I just threw up in my mouth reading that...

Dear God I do not want to see him in any more super bowls.  He had his fun.  I just want him to ride off into the sunset and go away. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And today. Barkley sucks. We all know when Josh went in to get looked at the other week we all thought "if he doesn't come back the season is toast."

TBF I would think that with Flacco too.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

By the end of today with 10 games left the phins are going to be 2 wins away from the supposed “ceiling” some of you jokers thought they would be at in 2020.

I had them finishing second. Granted that was before Cam, but still.  They may not finish in second but I think they can and they have a solid shot of at least 8-8.

They might still finish second.  Miami is a good team and on the upswing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I just threw up in my mouth reading that...

Dear God I do not want to see him in any more super bowls.  He had his fun.  I just want him to ride off into the sunset and go away. 

I think the NFC isn't quite as up for grabs a as people think. I think it's largely a matter of who between Tampa, NO and Green Bay is going to make it.

Outside of those 3, Seattle and the Rams will be in the mix but they aren't really playing anyone yet and to me make up the middle tier. Chicago also has a good record but ia running into a part of the schedule that will expose them coming up soon.

The AFC on the other hand has a bunch of good teams. KC, Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Las Vegas are 8 teams for seven spots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Tampa had an abysmal defense last season 

How have they turned it around so fast, meanwhile we have a bottom 5 D in the league 

Not sure if anyone responded to this, but Football Outsiders’ metrics for example had Tampa as a top 10 defense last year. They were just on the field a ton because of the absurd number of turnovers.

43 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Why the heck didn’t Houston call timeout on 3rd and goal in OT? They weren’t even close to ready on defense. 

That was frustrating to watch. 

Patriots lost too which was awesome. 

This week most games played out favorable for us. 

• Like (+1) 1