Gameday around the NFL 10/18

Chandler#81

40 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who ya got? Favorites have won most games so far, but I like the 2 Home dogs this week. Chicago & Dallas.

5E70BE30-5342-46A1-81E0-B22111A771C7.jpeg

For some reason I like Houston over Tennessee (they've had a lot of breaks this year, not just the Bills game), I think their luck runs out and Houston is starting to find itself. .... And as much as I don't like to type this, I see Tampa Bay putting it all together, they are a better overall team than Green Bay, and they're at home (with a crowd).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why the 9/2 split for early/afternoon games. They should spread them out 

This is Bill Simmons' and Cousin Sal's biggest NFL gripe on the Guess the Lines podcast........it's ridiculous the NFL wouldn't want MORE late games.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why the 9/2 split for early/afternoon games. They should spread them out 

I concur. it's ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

This is Bill Simmons' and Cousin Sal's biggest NFL gripe on the Guess the Lines podcast........it's ridiculous the NFL wouldn't want MORE late games.

especially since one of them is Dolphins - Jets

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I don’t get it - they could get way bigger ratings for that Steelers - browns game at 4:00.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who ya got? Favorites have won most games so far, but I like the 2 Home dogs this week. Chicago & Dallas.

5E70BE30-5342-46A1-81E0-B22111A771C7.jpeg

Down here we are getting the Steelers at 1pm, and Tampa of course at 4 pm.  Should both be good games, but yesterday, the MTC guys were stating the game of the week is, you guessed it, the Bills/Chiefs.

Just heard Teller is out this week for the browns. That’s low key big blow to that line first that stillers front. 

living here in the tri-state area of northwest Pa, it’s been a fun week leading up to that game. I’d say the area is about 60% PITT fans and then the other 40% is made up of bills and browns fans. Living in this area bills and browns fans have always gotten along and shared a similar passion for hating the “Stillers” 

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Just heard Teller is out this week for the browns. That’s low key big blow to that line first that stillers front. 

living here in the tri-state area of northwest Pa, it’s been a fun week leading up to that game. I’d say the area is about 60% PITT fans and then the other 40% is made up of bills and browns fans. Living in this area bills and browns fans have always gotten along and shared a similar passion for hating the “Stillers” 

We have tons of Steelers fans in central Ohio. The browns have not beaten them in Pittsburgh since 2003. That includes playing the duck caller last year. But I hope it’s a good game today and hope the browns knock them off. That division needs to cannibalize itself.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We have tons of Steelers fans in central Ohio. The browns have not beaten them in Pittsburgh since 2003. That includes playing the duck caller last year. But I hope it’s a good game today and hope the browns knock them off. That division needs to cannibalize itself.

Pitt hasn’t played a single team with more than one win this year. We’ll have a much more accurate bead on what Pitt is after this 3 game stretch of Browns, titans and ravens. Similar to our stretch that started with LA and ends Tomorrow with KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Down here we are getting the Steelers at 1pm, and Tampa of course at 4 pm.  Should both be good games, but yesterday, the MTC guys were stating the game of the week is, you guessed it, the Bills/Chiefs.

Go Browns... Go Packers...

AFC team rankings:

chiefs 

patriots

ravens 

titans 

steelers 

browns 

Bills 

Browns are a better team than us imo. Better offense and much better defense. Which is a shame because I think Allen is a significantly better QB than Baker 

we will end up fighting for that 7th playoff spot at the end of the season. 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

AFC team rankings:

chiefs 

patriots

ravens 

titans 

steelers 

browns 

Bills 

Browns are a better team than us imo. Better offense and much better defense. Which is a shame because I think Allen is a significantly better QB than Baker 

we will end up fighting for that 7th playoff spot at the end of the season. 

I think these readings are completely wrong. Still having the *Pats as the second ranked team despite two losses is ridiculous. That team is not the second best team in the AFC right now. That belongs to the Titans and you shouldn’t take that away from them. I also will unequivocally state that the Bills are a better team than the *Pats. You are basing this on one game and completely ignoring the Raiders and the Rams games. Don’t fall into that trap. It also says how wrong you are in your ratings of the Titans because that team was really impressive on all sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t recall only two 4:30pm games prior. I think it has to do with Covid rescheduling..🤷‍♂️

Was the Denver game supposed to be an afternoon game? That might make sense.

Edited by MiltonWaddams