Sounds really wet for the game Monday. Who do you think that favors?

BubbaT

Typically offense since they know where they are going and the defenders are reacting to them and might lose their footing more easily.

That being said it could also cause offensive players to slip coming out of routes which would lead to easy INTs.

Edited by matter2003

11 hours ago, BubbaT said:

I'm not sure it offers either an advantage but am curious what others think

If the playing conditions are slippery or in any way less than optimal, it probably favors the Bills, very slightly.

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think it matters too much but rain and win can slow down some of their speed guys (Hill, Hardman, Robinson).  I hope.

current forecast for 5 PM is 50 degrees with light rain.  Winds only 9 MPH which is lower than normal in Orchard Park. 

I can't remember any bad weather games post-Flutie where it benefited the Bills. 

I'm sure there's a couple, but it always seems to hurt us more than help. Combined with Allen's improvement as a passer, that's the main reason I'd want an indoor stadium for the team. 

2 hours ago, LB48 said:

current forecast for 5 PM is 50 degrees with light rain.  Winds only 9 MPH which is lower than normal in Orchard Park. 

Shouldn't have much effect then.  It may help Bass as Butker has more experience in kicking in challenging conditions.  Kind of ticks me off they're playing it so early on a weekday.  I'd have taken a Sunday or Monday night game over this time.

I don't think adverse weather affects either team more than the other.   Devin Singletary and Clyde Edwards-Helaire are more alike than not, though Edwards-Helaire has been a lot more productive this season.

Since when does weather favor the offense??? Bad weather will slow down both offensive attacks. Harder to throw ball, harder to run routes due to timing, harder to catch ball and harder to hold on to the ball. Usually turns into a defensive scrap and who ever wins the turnover battle usually comes out on top. I like our chances in a wet windy game.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:29 AM, TroutDog said:

When I looked, it said it should mostly be gone by afternoon/evening so not sure if anyone benefits. 

If it’s raining, better D wins. They. both have issues. 

Both D's make me think of that spider man picture of them pointing at each other lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Since when does weather favor the offense??? Bad weather will slow down both offensive attacks. Harder to throw ball, harder to run routes due to timing, harder to catch ball and harder to hold on to the ball. Usually turns into a defensive scrap and who ever wins the turnover battle usually comes out on top. I like our chances in a wet windy game.

Windy?  Forecast 5-10mph.