Running game Woes and its not on the RB's

BBills88

18 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

Our o-line has been weak run blocking and finishing their blocks. Teams have scouted this too.

Morse and Dawkins are having a good season, but the whole line looks like a cluster because a few pieces are not able execute their assignments and finish their blocks against 4 man fronts.

Far too often I see them dancing inplace with d-linemen instead of moving them, allowing them to stay in their gap and shed them to make the stop.

On the flip side both the running play calls and Singletary's penchant for dancing a bit behind the line makes the situation worse as they have to hold their initial blocks longer and that ability is usually not there or inconsistent at best.

Daboll can do this unit favors by trying to keep the running plays straight forward and quick. And they need to emphasize that concept with Singletary - hit your gap fast.

We need Ford to play with better leverage - keeping his feet under him, with more knee bend, and better pad level. The kid is pretty raw and has a ways to go, but the cupboard is not empty.

Hoping getting some nasty back with Feliciano will help, though run blocking has not been his strength.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

I have often thought that Feliciano was a very solid run blocker at the point of attack, at least he can get some movement.

He has always graded out middle tier as a guard some rankings have him as 35th out of 82 guards reviewed.

That is not terrible, but he grades lower in his run blocking. I do like that he does finish blocks if he gets into the pads and has some nasty dog in him that this line needs.

Edited by WideNine

10 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He has always graded out middle tier as a guard some rankings have him as 35th out of 82 guards reviewed.

That is not terrible, but he grades lower in his run blocking. I do like that he does finish blocks if he gets into the pads and has some nasty dog in him that this line needs.

I would gladly take 32 out of 85 score for a guard with want Ford and Winters have displayed.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

I very much doubt that Feliciano will supplant Ford, or Spain, or Winters at guard. If anything, he should replace either Boettger, or possibly Bates as backup C/G. But, Ford, Spain, and Winters have all played better than him, IMO.

• Haha (+1) 1