Bortles or Barkley?

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, akcash said:

Barkley

All things considered, yeah.

If we had more cap money and Bortles had had the same time to prepare and learn the offense, I'd go Bottles. But we don't, and while he's NOT a starter in this league, Bottles is a pretty solid backup and will make a bit, IMO.

Barkley's not bad, though.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t understand what people expect from Barkley he doesn’t see the field at all I’m not sure how much time he spends in practice with the first unit ( if any ) , 

and people expect him to come in like the pats****** game last year and just light it up?? 
And  in the season finale game against the jests ( with backups in the rain ) Daboll was not going to put anything on film , and if I remember correctly we just wanted to get out of there without anymore injuries , 

Is he better then Borttles ?

Maybe not ( on the field ) but I’m sure he is in the film room and helping Allen with preparation every week !! 

Edited by Putin

There's a reason Bortles was on the street for a while. 

Also I think one thing that's not understood or talked about much is the dynamic of the QB room. It's obvious that Josh and Barkley really get along and why disrupt the chemistry they have for a possible "marginal" upgrade at best? 

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Could this possible signing represent a conflict with a team sponsor? ;)

Bortles and James is a competitor ;) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_Hill_Vineyards

But seriously what would Blake bring to the table to help Josh? would he clear waivers past the 24 teams below the Bills?

I think the backup QB spot at this point should be less about needing to help josh Play qb and more about helping the team if Josh gets hurt. 

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the backup QB spot at this point should be less about needing to help josh Play qb and more about helping the team if Josh gets hurt. 

I think the two are interconnected.

The QB who is ready to help the team if Josh gets hurt is one who can master the offense without a lot of time in it, read the defense without a lot of time facing the scout team that simulates it, and build enough rappore with his teammates - OL and WR - to be able to play with them effectively - and put the passes he can throw in the right spot (while knowing what he can't throw, so he doesn't throw picks)

What is there in Bortles' track record as a QB that would lead one to believe he can achieve more than 1 out of 4 there?

The QB who can do 1 and 2 is also in a good position to be able to help Josh during the game.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

All things considered, yeah.

If we had more cap money and Bortles had had the same time to prepare and learn the offense, I'd go Bottles. But we don't, and while he's NOT a starter in this league, Bottles is a pretty solid backup and will make a bit, IMO.

Barkley's not bad, though.

Yeah agreed. I always like watching him play with a full cast of starters.