Bortles or Barkley?

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m talking about now

Barkley of course... He is the only one that knows the system as good as anyone. I doubt Bortles would catch up at all.

29 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I’d take Bortles. He’s similar in skill set to Allen.  
However if they don’t address the defense, it doesn’t matter if we have a capable backup or not, bc no backup will be able to carry the team to victory like JA17 did during the 4-0 start.

No they don't, Bortles can run and that is it... He cannot pass.

Yes agreed it doesn't matter.

Edited by TBBills

I happen to like Barkley. Lets face it, if Josh goes down nobody on this current roster or Bortles for that matter is saving the season. Every once in a while I'll remember the Jets game 2 years ago when Barkley dismantled the Jets on their home field and it makes me smile.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s never played in an nfl game so no idea what I’m getting 

You get a guy who has been studying the bills playbook for quite a few months for one thing. Face the facts , the Bills in their current interaction rely 100 percent on Josh Allen to win games.  He is our Porsche.  There is no substitute. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well.. How many teams around the league boast of having a Frank Reich caliber backup QB on their roster? And if you did have a Ryan Fitzpatrick quality of backup on your team, wouldn’t you rather have the worst possible option instead? Think about it.. if Allen goes down, we’re picking top 3.. Could get a Bosa caliber player there, Garrett or a Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson.. better than finishing 8-8... If Josh goes down I want Nathan Peterman to come back to Buffalo.. give me the worst possible QB imaginable if Josh goes down.. load up on ridiculous talent to load our roster up with for when Josh comes back..