Raiders WR Zay Jones listed as potential trade target ahead of deadline

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Zay Jones played the best game I've ever seen him play against the Bills and it was still terrible. His ability to track the ball in the air is possibly the worst I've seen since Leodis McKelvin.

I mean... he had to tell other Bills receivers where to line up, so that must mean he's good.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Zay Jones played the best game I've ever seen him play against the Bills and it was still terrible. His ability to track the ball in the air is possibly the worst I've seen since Leodis McKelvin.

If I remember correctly Zay's hands were an issue as well. Sounds like he should switch to corner. That might generate some interest.

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

Hypothetical: would you trade Kelvin Benjamin for Zay Jones 

Zay sucked. KB was a fat piece of defecant littered with bloody streaks and corn. He refused to try. I like Rob Johnson better than KB. IDK how Beane whiffed on that. There must have been a huge change in his work ethic between rookie year and year 3.

This article is somewhat puzzling.  The author says that Zay has been a disappointment for LVR over the past 16 games, but he might be a trade target based on his 56 reception season in Buffalo?  My thinking is that the author looked at his 2nd round status and mediocre year in Buffalo and assumed he’d be a trade target.

I would be shocked if the Raiders could get a 7th round draft pick.  Any team that has a shot at the postseason around the deadline probably isn’t going to trade a valueable asset 

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

Jones is a solid #3 option

:flirt:

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Zay sucked. KB was a fat piece of defecant littered with bloody streaks and corn. He refused to try. I like Rob Johnson better than KB. IDK how Beane whiffed on that. There must have been a huge change in his work ethic between rookie year and year 3.

Whoaoa, don't hold back...Tell us what you really think

So, nobody is reporting that the Raiders have feelers out or that any other teams have heard anything? Just that some guy thinks that it could happen and that they could get something for him, though not much?

Well, OK, I guess

"... But if they do decide to make a move, one potential player that could garner interest around the league is wide receiver Zay Jones. With rookies Henry Ruggs III and Bryan Edwards, healing with early-season injuries, Jones has performed adequately in their absence. But with Nelson Agholor and Hunter Renfrow also playing well, Jones’ playing time is likely to shrink after the bye week.

That is why Gary Davenport of Bleacher Report suggested Jones as a possible trade target before the deadline. Given his size, speed and experience, there is likely a market for him at a relatively low price. Teams such as the Eagles, Jets and the Packers would all make sense for the former second-round pick.

Here is a snippet of Davenport’s thoughts on Jones and why he could be traded over the next few weeks:

“Zay Jones’ next game with the Raiders will be his 16th. Over that “season,” the fourth-year pro’s production has been less than stellar: 29 receptions on 39 targets for 228 yards and one score.

But Jones has shown some ability to help an NFL team. Back in his second season in Buffalo, he was targeted over 100 times, hauling in 56 passes for 652 yards and seven touchdowns. There’s some appeal there for teams looking for additional depth in the wide receiver room.”

20 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Beasley is a quality three, and Jones does not hold a candle to him, Jones is not a three on any team on purpose, jmo.

Beasley is less a quality three than a quality slot.

IMO Jones would be our fifth-best guy without listing return qualifications or jet sweeps. If you include returns, Roberts would be close. Throw in jet sweeps and maybe McKenzie would be close too. 

Zay wasn't awful. But he certainly underperformed his draft status. I really had hopes for him but he just doesn't seem like he'll ever be much more than he is now. You hope I guy will be good by his fourth year. Zay instead appears serviceable.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

So, nobody is reporting that the Raiders have feelers out or that any other teams have heard anything? Just that some guy thinks that it could happen and that they could get something for him, though not much?

Well, OK, I guess

"... But if they do decide to make a move, one potential player that could garner interest around the league is wide receiver Zay Jones. With rookies Henry Ruggs III and Bryan Edwards, healing with early-season injuries, Jones has performed adequately in their absence. But with Nelson Agholor and Hunter Renfrow also playing well, Jones’ playing time is likely to shrink after the bye week.

That is why Gary Davenport of Bleacher Report suggested Jones as a possible trade target before the deadline. Given his size, speed and experience, there is likely a market for him at a relatively low price. Teams such as the Eagles, Jets and the Packers would all make sense for the former second-round pick.

Here is a snippet of Davenport’s thoughts on Jones and why he could be traded over the next few weeks:

“Zay Jones’ next game with the Raiders will be his 16th. Over that “season,” the fourth-year pro’s production has been less than stellar: 29 receptions on 39 targets for 228 yards and one score.

But Jones has shown some ability to help an NFL team. Back in his second season in Buffalo, he was targeted over 100 times, hauling in 56 passes for 652 yards and seven touchdowns. There’s some appeal there for teams looking for additional depth in the wide receiver room.”

Beasley is less a quality three than a quality slot.

IMO Jones would be our fifth-best guy without listing return qualifications or jet sweeps. If you include returns, Roberts would be close. Throw in jet sweeps and maybe McKenzie would be close too. 

Zay wasn't awful. But he certainly underperformed his draft status. I really had hopes for him but he just doesn't seem like he'll ever be much more than he is now. You hope I guy will be good by his fourth year. Zay instead appears serviceable.

Zay was awful, he was scared to death to get hit when he was in traffic, as well as being a drop prone. And none of the above has anything to do with his draft position. He just plays scared.