Ever seen the Angola Pig Man?

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/angolas-pigman-to-be-featured-on-new-travel-channel-series/article_b86c9a35-1e97-5e5a-a101-ec3ad23ee30f.amp.html

According to the October 2018 list in The News, “Pigman was supposedly a real Angola resident who stuck pigs' heads on stakes in his yard to scare people away. One night, when a group of teenagers decided to play a prank on the man and his pig heads, the Pigman is said to have murdered the teens and put their heads on stakes.”

Was there a couple times as a kid when I first got my license, good little date spot.

The article is pretty similar to the stories we heard. The only difference being he hanged the teenagers over the bridge after he killed them. And there is a cult that roams the woods in the middle of the night worshipping the pig man. Great stuff.

Supposedly there was also deadly train accident in the 20s or 30s right at the bridge where the road narrows. This part may actually be true. Spooky spooky spooky.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angola_Horror

Turns out it’s not the same bridge but let’s just pretend it is. 🤪

Edited by NobesBLO13
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Was there a couple times as a kid when I first got my license, good little date spot.

The article is pretty similar to the stories we heard. The only difference being he hanged the teenagers over the bridge after he killed them. And there is a cult that roams the woods in the middle of the night worshipping the pig man. Great stuff.

Supposedly there was also deadly train accident in the 20s or 30s right at the bridge where the road narrows. This part may actually be true. Spooky spooky spooky.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angola_Horror

Turns out it’s the same bridge but let’s just pretend it is. 🤪

I just read the Wikipedia link; interesting story; I had never heard of this.

image.thumb.jpeg.724e680c1203f40c83a067ff2bd369f4.jpeg
This is a view of the bridge, but I am unsure if it is the actual bridge structure that the train fell from in 1867.  Historical records speak of a wooden trestle, this bridge is a concrete structure.  It is quite close to the cottage we had in Angola prior to going to Canada in 1967.  Looking at it on Google maps, you will note it is very wide.  It spans Big Sister Creek.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.724e680c1203f40c83a067ff2bd369f4.jpeg
This is a view of the bridge, but I am unsure if it is the actual bridge structure that the train fell from in 1867.  Historical records speak of a wooden trestle, this bridge is a concrete structure.  It is quite close to the cottage we had in Angola prior to going to Canada in 1967.  Looking at it on Google maps, you will note it is very wide.  It spans Big Sister Creek.

Good photograph!  

I had to laugh at the competing railway track gauges back then, but I guess that makes sense, as railroads were still in their infancy.

After a few good crashes like this one, people probably started figuring out a nationally standardized gauge makes sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.