Bills are a Good, Solid NFL Team.

PUNT750

Suddenly a lot of people are thinking this Bills team is weak in a lot of areas! 

We have a great offense with a Franchise QB leading the show.  The Offense line is built to protect him and does.

The Defense has struggled but how many teams in the League haven't?  The lack of pre-season work & contact worked against us especially with 3 new players on the DL, new CB's and  injuries. 

We're in good shape. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Suddenly a lot of people are thinking this Bills team is weak in a lot of areas! 

We have a great offense with a Franchise QB leading the show.  The Offense line is built to protect him and does.

The Defense has struggled but how many teams in the League haven't?  The lack of pre-season work & contact worked against us especially with 3 new players on the DL, new CB's and  injuries. 

We're in good shape. 

From your fingertips to Monday night’s scoreboard! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The biggest problem for the Bills is that offensive holding isn't being called.  Of course this helps our offense too, but time and again I saw a Bill defender just about ready to grab Tannahill, despite having someone's arm across his neck, and Tannahill then hitting an open receiver.  Frankly I never notice when the Bills offense gets away with holding, but I'm sure they do too. 

For some reason the league seems to have mandated that scoring needs to be up, so holding calls are few and far between.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The biggest problem for the Bills is that offensive holding isn't being called.  Of course this helps our offense too, but time and again I saw a Bill defender just about ready to grab Tannahill, despite having someone's arm across his neck, and Tannahill then hitting an open receiver.  Frankly I never notice when the Bills offense gets away with holding, but I'm sure they do too. 

For some reason the league seems to have mandated that scoring needs to be up, so holding calls are few and far between.

I agree - and from the NY Times - "Through four weeks of the 2020 season, the average combined score of a game is 51.3 points, an increase of 16 percent over the same period a year ago and a roughly 20 percent increase in the average score of games since 2000.

Wait, a 4-1 team is pretty good? Hmm, I'll have to think about this.

EDIT: OK, I thought about it. It's true. But we lost, so large amounts of the fanbase lose their minds and run around overreacting like chickens with heads cut off. The way of the world.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

We have tons of holes on the team. On offense imo we just need to run the ball better. 

But on defense we have one of the worst front sevens in the league, poor DE’s and even worse LB unit. Our secondary was very good last season and hid some of those flaws but this year they are struggling heavy. 

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

We have tons of holes on the team. On offense imo we just need to run the ball better. 

But on defense we have one of the worst front sevens in the league, poor DE’s and even worse LB unit. Our secondary was very good last season and hid some of those flaws but this year they are struggling heavy. 

I’ll argue this: Murphy and Hughes are not terrible. Hughes, in particular, has not been setting the edge, but Murphy has (oh, how the tables have turned!). 

Phillips has been better than good, so has...one of the new guys...Addison (?). Milano is very good and so is Edmunds when he’s not injured. That makes your argument a challenge, from my point of view. 

Ok, not enough depth? I’ll buy that. But with the general slant of the NFL towards O, I’d expect this to go on. What that means for future draft picks, etc. is another discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’ll argue this: Murphy and Hughes are not terrible. Hughes, in particular, has not been setting the edge, but Murphy has (oh, how the tables have turned!). 

Phillips has been better than good, so has...one of the new guys...Addison (?). Milano is very good and so is Edmunds when he’s not injured. That makes your argument a challenge, from my point of view. 

Ok, not enough depth? I’ll buy that. But with the general slant of the NFL towards O, I’d expect this to go on. What that means for future draft picks, etc. is another discussion. 

agree on D depth - but - money has to be saved to re-sign Josh, Diggs etc.   It is a good team

To be honest... Milano is our biggest playmaker on this defense. Some will say Tre White, I disagree. 

This defense is a different defense if we can’t disrupt the QB and hit the QB... the DL has definitely taken a step back this year. I’m predicting 3 new starters next season on the DL...

14 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

To be honest... Milano is our biggest playmaker on this defense. Some will say Tre White, I disagree. 

This defense is a different defense if we can’t disrupt the QB and hit the QB... the DL has definitely taken a step back this year. I’m predicting 3 new starters next season on the DL...

we used to see tons of creative blitzing from McD in past seasons but this year haven’t seen any of it really...or it’s just not working 

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

So what players were lost to make it a weak defense?

This should be good

For me the concern is simply our schedule. It seems like every week we are going up against another playoff team, which was rare last season. Frankly we could be a better team than last season and end up with a worse record. We were also incredibly lucky with injuries last season. You take this year’s offense with last years schedule and I think we are at least 13-3, regardless of the defense. On the bright side, however, the division seems a lot more attainable this season and this is our year to win it.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

We're in good shape. 

Are you trying to convince us?  Or yourself?

10 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

How's your 6-10 prediction looking?

12 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

We're in good shape. 

I agree, if our off week was a weird Tuesday night game with key injuries I'll take it. If Moss can provide a spark in the running game we could put up a big number vs KC. I have a feeling the defense will come around, we still have a very good overall team that can win a SB. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So what players were lost to make it a weak defense?

This should be good

Star missing is hurting the ability to stop the run.   LBs are getting sealed off. 

Jordan Phillips missing hurts our inside pass rush.  He was disruptive in pass rush. 

Lorenzo missing is hurting LB play and leadership.  

The defense is clearly not as good as last year.  Injuries to Milano/Edmunds have contributed to poor play.  Oliver is playing hurt and has not been a factor.  Depth at CB and LB are problem areas, as they were last year. 

• Like (+1) 1