David Irving reinstated by NFL (DE formerly of the Cowboys)

Seasons1992

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

His drug issues were with marijuana, which is now legal in the NFL, so maybe he's worth bringing in. He averaged nearly 1 sack every two games over his three years in the league, not too shabby at all.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Doesn’t seem like a process guy.  He’s also been out of the league so long, I can’t see him being impactful for a while. 

I would say the same but then Aldon Smith..  I know Irving wasn't ever on that level but he was still pretty good.

11 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

His drug issues were with marijuana, which is now legal in the NFL, so maybe he's worth bringing in. He averaged nearly 1 sack every two games over his three years in the league, not too shabby at all.

Low Risk Signing and I definitely would make the call and see what I can do. Upgrades the Defense and does upgrade the pass rush. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

After the Aldon Smith experiment, why not? He is sneakily good - and his best years in Dallas were playing DT. He can compete with and backup Oliver. He was very good at generating pass rush from the DT position.

12 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Didn’t want all the old guys on here to 💩 themselves😂

Who cares if anyone smokes weed???

Dude, it 2020 and about to be legalized nationally.

I don't care!  I was responding to the other guy who said he didn't want pot smokers.

The entire NFL smokes pot; it's part of the culture of the game now, just as much as all this long hair we seem to see sticking out from all the helmets these days.

I think the guys (wisely) use it as a pain reliever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

It's not legal.

It's just that instead of game penalties the players can get fined.

In any case, I'm alright with the guy if weed is his only problem but if he's at all expensive we likely won't be able to enter the pursuit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't care!  I was responding to the other guy who said he didn't want pot smokers.

The entire NFL smokes pot; it's part of the culture of the game now, just as much as all this long hair we seem to see sticking out from all the helmets these days.

I think the guys (wisely) use it as a pain reliever.

Agree wholeheartedly!!!!

On 10/17/2020 at 3:46 AM, GunnerBill said:

I would say the same but then Aldon Smith..  I know Irving wasn't ever on that level but he was still pretty good.

It would be one thing if he just got suspended.

He literally QUIT football because he wasn't allowed to openly use MJ.

Always loved the talent and maybe there is a lot more to the story but it might be harder to sell the "we value players who love the game of football" to the locker room after bringing in a guy who made football such a low priority.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It would be one thing if he just got suspended.

He literally QUIT football because he wasn't allowed to openly use MJ.

Always loved the talent and maybe there is a lot more to the story but it might be harder to sell the "we value players who love the game of football" to the locker room after bringing in a guy who made football such a low priority.

This is what I was thinking.  Then again, just because we sign one player that doesn’t fit that narrative we can still “value players who love the game”.  In certain cases, like when a player seems to fit exactly what we need in terms of skills, take the chance that our culture can be exactly what that player needs.