Patriots cancel practice due to positive COVID test..waiting to see if it is a false positive

Big Turk

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

They need to really get more accurate testing...if it is a false positive it is the same thing that happened with the Colts...

At least in the previous instance, the laboratory the NFL uses (Bioreliance) issued a press release saying it was caused by contamination ie, not an accuracy problem.

https://www.bioreference.com/media-alert-update-on-nfl-covid-19-testing/

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nope this was an actual positive test of a player. NFL said the game wil be played and has not made any contingency plans as of now...

Apparently per link above, it was James Ferentz, who started for them at Center against KC, and who practiced Thursday.

I hope the NFL has a reasonable, consistent, and fair plan but they aren't exactly being transparent about their decision making process.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently per link above, it was James Ferentz, who started for them at Center against KC, and who practiced Thursday.

I hope the NFL has a reasonable, consistent, and fair plan but they aren't exactly being transparent about their decision making process.

Same as the decision making process for the last 20 years.  Whatever helps the Patrots.....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Same as the decision making process for the last 20 years.  Whatever helps the Patrots.....

Funny how they have a positive this week and it’s game on, but last week they get a positive and the game gets delayed. Wouldn’t have anything to do with Newton and Gilmore back, would it?

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Funny how they have a positive this week and it’s game on, but last week they get a positive and the game gets delayed. Wouldn’t have anything to do with Newton and Gilmore back, would it?

That’s the problem with lack of transparency on the decision making.  It opens the door for fans to think this way

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s the problem with lack of transparency on the decision making.  It opens the door for fans to think this way

With New England there is a history of making questionable decisions by NFL and Zebras and like a virus it has spread to Tampa Bay.

The NFL seriously needs a Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward type exposure.

38 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Patriots may say that they are not practicing but I believe there is a secret practice facility under the actual stadium. 

That's insane!  

Actually, the alternative practice facility is on the dark side of the moon.  

Kraft is buddies with Elon Musk and gets a good deal on the shuttle fair to/from the moon.

So....I didn't see an announcement of positive tests.  Did I miss it?

OTOH there's this:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/15/nfl-expects-players-miss-practices-before-coronavirus-test

"NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills says the league will hold players out of practice if they exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, even before a positive test is registered.

Sills noted that players and coaches will have to miss practice and potentially games due to common symptoms of COVID-19, which often match those commonly seen during flu season. 

"Because there's so much overlap [in symptoms], we have to assume it could be COVID," Sills said on a conference call with the media. "I think we'll see that happening more and more frequently."

Memo to Bills players: don't touch your face, don't touch your face, don't touch your face (unless you have just scrubbified your little paddy-winkles)

If you so much as catch a sniffle, you can hurt the team; you won't be allowed to drug yourself up with sudafed and afrin and tylenol and play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Memo to Bills players: don't touch your face, don't touch your face, don't touch your face (unless you have just scrubbified your little paddy-winkles)

If you so much as catch a sniffle, you can hurt the team; you won't be allowed to drug yourself up with sudafed and afrin and tylenol and play.

So that shipment to the Bills' practice facility of ten dozen Paula's Donuts with the card 'from your biggest fan B.B.' should be avoided.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think all players should be instructed to get flu shots. Remember Bruce getting flu before a big game and trying to play thru it.