How should TBD handle NFL positive covid-19 test reports?

Best way to report/discuss covid-19 tests results around the league  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How to handle for teams not on the Bills schedule

• One generic "Covid-19 around the league" thread
    • Separate thread for each instance (current practice)
    • No thread, I'm tired of hearing about it
  2. 2. How to handle for teams that are on the Bills schedule

• Separate thread, regardless
    • Separate thread if we're playing 'em in the next month
    • One generic thread

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to How should TBD handle NFL positive covid-19 test reports?

I don’t specifically care for a new thread for each positive case that pops up. 
Or each cancelled practice. If it’s not canceling or rescheduling a game I don’t normally pay too much attention. 
Of course when it’s a star player it’s gonna be everywhere regardless. 

One generic thread for 1

One generic thread for 2

I think If you don't keep 2 generic it defeats the purpose. 

People get enough covid on the news and in our every day routines IMO.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by Figster

I’m Between no thread and general thread ... unless it is the Bills upcoming opponent, I don’t care about every positive test or cancelled practice. But maybe others do so general thread works. Tbh I skip over all of it on twitter unless it’s could affect an upcoming Bills game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m Between no thread and general thread ... unless it is the Bills upcoming opponent, I don’t care about every positive test or cancelled practice. But maybe others do so general thread works. Tbh I skip over all of it on twitter unless it’s could affect an upcoming Bills game. 

I feel about the same way. 

The upcoming opponent part of it gets more tricky. Seeing TSW front page littered with Covid 19 threads is what I hate to see so anything that cuts down on TSW covid threads works for me. I realize its a big part of the picture and some people would like to keep track of whats going on around the league and up coming opponents. I get it.  So having a couple of threads is better then numerous thread starts without any control IMO. 

47 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I like the team by team threads.  Its informational, and even when not impacting an immediate opponent, it can have an impact on the Division/Conference race (i.e. the NE Pats having a positive test result today).  

True that on how all teams have a league impact.

Mind If I ask why one "Around the NFL" main topic would not work well for you?

With false positives and everything else I'm sure everyone could understand why starting a new thread every time there's an incident becomes a bit excessive on the board IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

I selected B and B. It’s pertinent information if we’re playing them in the near future (who will be out, is there a danger for the Bills, etc). 

For the first one, it’s just a sign of the times. Most have been following the new restrictions reasonably well with posts and I find some of the thoughts shared illuminating.