Bon Jovi will Never come to Buffalo again "I have knocked it off the map"

MAJBobby

I’m probably in the minority here in that I always enjoyed Bon Jovi’s music, and even went to a few shows. That said, the music is separate from the guy. I’m certainly not losing any sleep from his comments, but why be so bitter about the whole thing ? He calls not getting the Bills, “ the biggest disappointment in his life”. I get that, but grow up and get over it. There are many down to earth awesome rock stars, then you have your Bon Jovi’s who seem to think they accomplished something more than writing some hit songs, and having memorable hair. He’s just hurt that he doesn’t get to tell his friends in the Hampton’s he owns a football team. He feels insecure. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

The premise that Donald Trump and Caputo were responsible for turning us on Bon Jovi, undermining his bid is such fictional nonsense.

We were onto Bon Jovi and the Tanenbaum/MLSE connections LONG before Trump was in the picture (I doubt Trump's interest or financial ability to buy the team was even sincere anyway)...

The motivation to relocate the Bills to Toronto was hardly a leap that we needed Trump's manipulations to make.  Most Bills fans were borderline obsessed with the situation for many years, well before Wilson's passing, and we were well aware of MLSE/Bon Jovi's presence.

As far as the bid goes.  We knew all along the Pegulas had far deeper pockets in liquidity.  They also would not have to deal with additional costs of relocation to the NFL, breaking the Non-Relocation Clause, as well as the cost of a posh new facility in Toronto (which would have needed to be built by now).  We are talking like double or triple the cost.  Trump didnt create that situation.  Neither did the people in Buffalo or radio stations who didnt play "Wanted Dead or Alive" for a month.

I dont really carry too much of a grudge for Bon Jovi, honestly.  However, I do get annoyed with his ongoing lack of self-awareness and dishonesty when it comes to this issue.  See the post above for an appropriate response.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Take your band.  Let me make it straight, I swear're.   Don't come back.  Buffalo don't care.  You're a loser. That's fair're.  Whoa oh.  Buffalo don't care're.  Buffalo don't care. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

“I can tell you, I swear to you on a stack of Bibles, because I had to have this hardy conversation with the two partners: ‘We’re not gonna get this unless we keep this here,’” he says, recalling the incident, which he calls “one of the biggest disappointments” of his life. “We never saw it coming. I was calling the town councilman, telling him, ‘I’m moving to Buffalo, New York!’”  

It still smarts. “I won’t ever go back to the city of Buffalo,” he says. “You will never see my face in Buffalo ever. I have knocked it off the map"

http://gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/bon-jovi-2020-interview

I didn't know the places he went to before this so... Ok.

• Like (+1) 1

I love this story and would never have seen it if it started on the off the wall page. Not sure why there was a decision to close it down on the main page.  Anyway, i am glad it started out on the main page for at least a little while so that I could become aware of it. I sent the link to lots of friends and family and it brought joy into their lives because it’s, ahem, actually Bills-related. And thanks, @MAJBobby, for posting it here, even though I would never have seen it 🙂.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The premise that Donald Trump and Caputo were responsible for turning us on Bon Jovi, undermining his bid is such fictional nonsense.

We were onto Bon Jovi and the Tanenbaum/MLSE connections LONG before Trump was in the picture (I doubt Trump's interest or financial ability to buy the team was even sincere anyway)...

The motivation to relocate the Bills to Toronto was hardly a leap that we needed Trump's manipulations to make.  Most Bills fans were borderline obsessed with the situation for many years, well before Wilson's passing, and we were well aware of MLSE/Bon Jovi's presence.

As far as the bid goes.  We knew all along the Pegulas had far deeper pockets in liquidity.  They also would not have to deal with additional costs of relocation to the NFL, breaking the Non-Relocation Clause, as well as the cost of a posh new facility in Toronto (which would have needed to be built by now).  We are talking like double or triple the cost.  Trump didnt create that situation.  Neither did the people in Buffalo or radio stations who didnt play "Wanted Dead or Alive" for a month.

I dont really carry too much of a grudge for Bon Jovi, honestly.  However, I do get annoyed with his ongoing lack of self-awareness and dishonesty when it comes to this issue.  See the post above for an appropriate response.

This is a detailed and accurate assessment of the situation.  Less detailed but equally accurate:

Bon Jovi is a lying douche.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Eff Con Jovi .... I did see him in the early 80's at a bar called Cougars on transit Rd in Depew ... He wasn't that great then either

The one consistency through the whole Bon Jovi saga is that his music absolutely sucks.

That's not changing any time soon.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m probably in the minority here in that I always enjoyed Bon Jovi’s music, and even went to a few shows. That said, the music is separate from the guy. I’m certainly not losing any sleep from his comments, but why be so bitter about the whole thing ? He calls not getting the Bills, “ the biggest disappointment in his life”. I get that, but grow up and get over it. There are many down to earth awesome rock stars, then you have your Bon Jovi’s who seem to think they accomplished something more than writing some hit songs, and having memorable hair. He’s just hurt that he doesn’t get to tell his friends in the Hampton’s he owns a football team. He feels insecure. 

really fantastic analysis.  but i loath Bon Jovi, and find it difficult to enjoy his music anymore (unless someone is covering it).   If he wasn’t such a crybaby about not getting the Bills I’d be fine.  But its obvious he and Kraft are friends: two whiny crybabies.   

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't care about Jon Bungholovese, but I'd give somebody's left testicle to go back in time to Beat the snot out of all the challenged classmates who subjected the rest of us to Def Leopard, KISS, RATT, Poison, Whitesnake, Scorpions, and 28th on the list, but not least, Bon Jovi.  
... Judas priest, Motley Crue, Mister Big, Metallica, Quiet Riot, Tesla, Warrant, Winger, Great White, Damn Yankees

Joe Satriani, Yngvie Malmsteen, Steve ***** Vie, 

it was all hell on ears

the flecking horrors some of you got to miss...  Just thank your parents for boffing some other time. 

this band was cool, tho:

17 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

He Should have made a higher bid. Oh well 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, dlonce said:

Good. Don’t want him here anyway.

I turn his crap off when it comes on.

Living near Philly, his schlock is on the radio ALL the time.  Have not listened to more than 2 seconds of a Bon Jovi song since 2014.  Spin it however you want to now, Jon...   Your $$$ was in Toronto - as would have been our football team.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.