Bills File Trademark application on BillsMafia

MAJBobby
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

From Del Reid:

Fans looking for another thing to be outraged over.

Sorry folks, the NFL and teams are a business and yes, your protect the name Bills, the team would be foolish not to trademark it..

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

maybe he sold it to them

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already worked something out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

So if I opened a restaurant called Bills Grill with no Buffalo bills colors/signage etc, they could send a cease and desist?  I could not trademark my places name?

Just put a picture of a duck bill and you'll be fine.

But Bills Mafia is clearly, and always has been, Buffalo Bills related.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So if I opened a restaurant called Bills Grill with no Buffalo bills colors/signage etc, they could send a cease and desist?  I could not trademark my places name?

Well William. 

As long as you don’t use the Bills logo on your advertising.  

Ya just plaster the walls with Bills posters 

As a surgeon why not Spare Parts?

Just now, MJS said:

Just put a picture of a duck bill and you'll be fine.

But Bills Mafia is clearly, and always has been, Buffalo Bills related.

What if Im spotted wearing a “Bills Mafia (TM) Official Apron while I’m running the kitchen?

28 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

I don't get all the fuss about this...if the "Bills Mafia" people wanted it, they should have filed for the trademark years ago.

It’s a big corporation stepping on a small business.  Business wise, it’s makes total sense but it is completely scummy.  Someone can up with the term (which honestly I think is a corny but you can not deny it has taken off) and the Bills are stealing their idea.  

I hope there is more to the story (maybe throwing some money) but just being at work and looking quickly, it seems really crappy to do.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a big corporation stepping on a small business.  Business wise, it’s makes total sense but it is completely scummy.  Someone can up with the term (which honestly I think is a corny but you can not deny it has taken off) and the Bills are stealing their idea.  

I hope there is more to the story (maybe throwing some money) but just being at work and looking quickly, it seems really crappy to do.

Part of PSEs stated goal of “remaining viable”.  Times are tough, you pick a penny off the ground...

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That $8 juice does hit different.  It is the nectar of basic girls. 

their daughters...

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fans looking for another thing to be outraged over.

Sorry folks, the NFL and teams are a business and yes, your protect the name Bills, the team would be foolish not to trademark it..

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already worked something out.

And fans can be mad at a corporation ripping off a small business, especially one that donates that much to charity. 

Part of PSEs stated goal of “remaining viable”.  Times are tough, you pick a penny off the ground...

their daughters...

“Daddy, is $8 too cheap to charge for our juice?”

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

There is two Filings.  One for the Specific Logo and the Other for the Term.

If I'm Del Reid, I'd be livid right now. Really surprised the Pegs would go in this direction. They know the history and story behind BillsMafia. Why an obvious money grab here?

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If I'm Del Reid, I'd be livid right now. Really surprised the Pegs would go in this direction. They know the history and story behind BillsMafia. Why an obvious money grab here?

Del Reid is an idiot for using the term Mafia in the first place. 

he probably has no clue who the Mafia is or represented 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And fans can be mad at a corporation ripping off a small business, especially one that donates that much to charity. 

“Daddy, is $8 too cheap to charge for our juice?”

Go ahead, "be mad" all you want, no one is is saying you can't be mad and as far as "ripping" off a small business, the Pegulas paid a billion plus for the name and team.  They aren't "ripping" anyone off, being smart business people.

Since you want to be so outraged at them please start to boycott the team and organize others to do as well.

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I am surprised it took this long, and who knows maybe the pegulas will let him use the license free of charge, but charge others for use.

I will wait for more information to come to light.

Oh my, a poster here using common sense and not driven by emotion.

I as well as shocked it took so long.