Bills File Trademark application on BillsMafia

MAJBobby
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

From Del Reid:

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Would put 26Shirts directly in the cross hairs

Honestly, it’s completely garbage. Reid is a great dude and does a ton for charity (and they have awesome gear, support them).  He helped create it And the Bills are trying to steal it from them.

i really hope there is more to this story because the Bills look like a greedy, scumbag organization right now. 

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, it’s completely garbage. Reid is a great dude and does a ton for charity (and they have awesome gear, support them).  He helped create it And the Bills are trying to steal it from them.

i really hope there is more to this story because the Bills look like a greedy, scumbag organization right now. 

Completely agree.  This is a bad look and must be the 2020 version of "drilling another well"

Just now, Buffalo Streaker said:

Just the logo.  Not the verbiage. 

Verbiage as well Hence their Second Filing I posted.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Steady on here, guys.  As I understand, they're trademarking that particular logo.

But if they are trying to trademark the whole term and go after anyone else using it....it is a really poor look

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MJS said:

Why is the handling of it poor?

Because the Bills are taking a grassroots, fan verbiage that thy had nothing to do with and well are claiming theirs and will not charge anyone that ill want to use BillsMafia

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Steady on here, guys.  As I understand, they're trademarking that particular logo.

But if they are trying to trademark the whole term and go after anyone else using it....it is a really poor look

There is two Filings.  One for the Specific Logo and the Other for the Term.

And this is why it is important. In the 90s they would Pay Texas A&M to license the use of the 12th Man.  

Now anyone wanting to use Bills Mafia would be subject to needing the same licensing agreement with the Bills.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/telcoag/2014/7/30/5953545/12th-man-trademark-agreement-texas-am-aggies-buffalo-bills