The Bills have a superstar Elite NFL QB

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Subscribe?

is this for a Lamp of the month Club?

No more that one LAMP per season. Amidst all the negativity, after digesting the analysis from this weeks loss, it’s no longer a feel good opinion. 

im guzzling the kool aide now. If 17 doesn’t have any injury issue, he’s gonna be on the wall. 

3 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

ITs for the Cheese of the month club, WTF

john Brown changes that dynamic completely when hes healthy. 

A little, he stretches the zone deeper, still it would be nice to have that guy that can turn a slant into a TD or a RB with game breaking speed. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No more that one LAMP per season. Amidst all the negativity, after digesting the analysis from this weeks loss, it’s no longer a feel good opinion. 

im guzzling the kool aide now. If 17 doesn’t have any injury issue, he’s gonna be on the wall. 

yeah I get it.   

I’m loving Josh and for the season thus far he’s been “eliteish”.  

He’s eliminated so many of his “rookie” mistakes. 

I’ll fully join you if the Bills can come out on top with wins over KC, Seattle, NE and Pitt. 

I’d like to see at least 2W 2L 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For naysayers please tell me who else can make that TD throw to yeldon. I can list a number of guys in canton that can’t. The play was otherworldly.

That's a hard one to prove. I think Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, and Josh can all do it.  We know Brady, Big Ben and Brees have thrown countless red zone darts over their career. Watson has shown the ability (not as familiar) - Lamar can do it if he's throwing to Mark Andrews 😁

We're experiencing a QB renaissance, and there many guys who can sling it all over the field. Josh is one of them, but I don't watch his passes and think "he's the only one who can do that". 

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

A little, he stretches the zone deeper, still it would be nice to have that guy that can turn a slant into a TD or a RB with game breaking speed. 

Stretching the zone deeper makes a big difference.  A RB with speed we do need, "Motor" can make people miss but he isnt running past anyone

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yeah I get it.   

I’m loving Josh and for the season thus far he’s been “eliteish”.  

He’s eliminated so many of his “rookie” mistakes. 

I’ll fully join you if the Bills can come out on top with wins over KC, Seattle, NE and Pitt. 

I’d like to see at least 2W 2L 

At this point anything they are winning is because of him. This defense is so banged up and I’m still thinking of the line and skills groups as middling, except Diggs. 

I’m imagining there are only 3 or 4 other QBs in the league If inserted that have this team at 4-1. 

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Stretching the zone deeper makes a big difference.  A RB with speed we do need, "Motor" can make people miss but he isnt running past anyone

Yeah I was hoping to see a leap this year, but Tennessee handled him with ease. 25 yards on 11 carries 🤮 

take away Yeldons on big run in garbage time and he struggled too, although some of those were chain moving plunges. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

That's a hard one to prove. I think Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, and Josh can all do it.  We know Brady, Big Ben and Brees have thrown countless red zone darts over their career. Watson has shown the ability (not as familiar) - Lamar can do it if he's throwing to Mark Andrews 😁

We're experiencing a QB renaissance, and there many guys who can sling it all over the field. Josh is one of them, but I don't watch his passes and think "he's the only one who can do that". 

38 yards in the air to a hole in the zone with 4 titans 5 yards away from Yeldon all turned looking at the QB. Right in the numbers, while drifting left. 

it is nearly impossible. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

38 yards in the air to a hole in the zone with 4 titans 5 yards away from Yeldon all turned looking at the QB. Right in the numbers, while drifting left. 

it is nearly impossible. 

Agreed - it was a tremendous throw, but we have QBs making "nearly impossible" throws every week.

He is showing the ability to make all the throws, which is required of an elite QB.  That's exciting, and now it's just about consistency.

Fun stat too, Josh owns 2/20 on the year

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/improbable-completions/2020/all

• Like (+1) 1

A few years ago, a thread with this title would have been a hair brained Logan Thomas sleeper thread citing his college and high school passing stats.  Or maybe a really poor trolling attempt that ends with "NOT! Tyrod SUCKSSSSS!!!!". Or possibly a 13 second clip of Jordan Palmer throwing a spiral.  Anything but a sincere assessment of our own starting QB.  Progress.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Agreed - it was a tremendous throw, but we have QBs making "nearly impossible" throws every week.

He is showing the ability to make all the throws, which is required of an elite QB.  That's exciting, and now it's just about consistency.

Fun stat too, Josh owns 2/20 on the year

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/improbable-completions/2020/all

cool link. Since they chip the ball for that stuff I wonder if they get ball speed. 

On 10/16/2020 at 6:26 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what are your criteria for evaluating QB play, Mr CSBill?  Tell us your football chops***....

How about read the article?  With what part of the analysis did you disagree?

***It's not that I think someone needs a huge football pedigree to comment sensibly on football.  But when someone has actually played and coached at a couple of different levels of the game, I think their comments need to be accepted or dismissed on the merits, not just because you don't have a high opinion of where they played.  That's just silly, especially if you don't have at least an equivalent or better pedigree yourself.

Sorry to offend you Mr. Kubiak, my apologies. .... "Why so serious?" .... But to your point, I guess Roger Staubach was a Navy guy. .... GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

41 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Sorry to offend you Mr. Kubiak, my apologies. .... "Why so serious?" .... But to your point, I guess Roger Staubach was a Navy guy. .... GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

I'm not offended, it's just 100% weak sauce to dismiss a journalist's analysis because he QB'd for Navy

Extra credit for the "you're offended and can't take a joke" clap back

Many journalists never played football at all, at any level.  A guy who played at several levels and is now coaching (explaining) is always worth at least reading.

Brought out a sick Burn of ya over Chad "best coach I've had" -Stefon Diggs" Hall (AF Academy) which I really enjoyed, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree that the laser throw to Yeldon was elite status, but I’m not ready to cast my elite vote for JA yet.  Is it just me or did he have that deer in the headlights look again against Titans like he had in Houston game??  I hope I don’t see this against KC.  I’ve watched the rookie Herbert and he never looks rattled.  It seems that the great ones have that special something.